Cautious run-summing – do you practice safe ex(ercise)?

Nick,

I would be very curious to see "how you are walking and standing". I would be willing to bet $10 that you are doing something negative that is contributing to the continual agrevation of the plantar.

Sucks because I miss being barefoot soooooooooooo much.

I feel your pain man. The groundfeel addiction is harder to shake than cigarettes.

I'm contemplating shutting everything down runningwise here in a month or two for maybe a month and see if that in combination with the shoes will get me the rest of the way healed.
Complete rest might be the way to go. Sometimes it's just impossible to work through something. While working through the stress reaction in my mets last fall and winter, I took off one or two weeks several times, and I think it helped. Maybe I would've got better faster if I would've taken more time off, I dunno, hard to say. Maybe I could've worked through it more. I dunno, hard to say. A lot of people think there's a unique solution (often based on their own experiences), but sometimes with nagging injuries you just gotta keep experimenting, see how it goes, until you find the right therapy. I know with my nagging shoulder injury I made the mistake of resting it too much. It only started to get better when I added on more shoulder-specific weight exercises, and strengthened the supporting musculature. I had assumed that doing weights would be the exact wrong thing to do, since that's how I injured it, until my doctor recommended it.

B&A, I don't have any money to bet as you could reference in my post that I have been talking to sock doc on, but I bet I do have something wrong. Whether it's in my standing or walking I'm not sure. I did bf just fine from Feb to Nov last year with no problems other than tmts causing a calf injury. I do toe out a little bit so have been working on correcting that, but it seems that is a slow process. In any case, barefoot hurts like hell now and I wish I knew what I could do to make it better. I'm trying just about everything I've come across to fix this problem (I haven't let my sister in law try this electro shock thing a ma jig on me yet, scares the hell out of me). I have shut down and rested numerous times for several weeks and also for a whole month before, so now I really don't know what else to do.

I'm starting to get that too. I think my wife is genuinely worried I'm going to overdo it, and she tells me to take it easy

I wish. No, mine's just ticked that I can break out and run while she never seems to be able to get to her gym sessions.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I wish. No, mine's just ticked that I can break out and run while she never seems to be able to get to her gym sessions.
JT, sometimes I think they secretly want to miss those workouts. I rarely ever miss one, I make damn sure I go unless I have an injury. My wife on the other hand gets foiled by the silliest things, which she then complains she wasn't able to go because of .... I really think she just takes any excuse so she doesn't have to go. Not that I say anything about it right now, she works full time at a super stressful job (I used to work there and know first hand just how stressful that place is) and she also is taking 14 credits at school. I won't really say anything much to her about the workouts until after December when she graduates.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Nick,

Do you have a Skype account? If so we could chat on webcam. You could also get some video of you walking and standing. This can be done for FREE. Send me a message to [email protected] if you would like.
B&A, I do have a skype account, but my connection doesn't seem to be great. I was trying to skype with my cousin who is deployed to Afghanistan the other day and I kept losing him because of my stupid connection. I will see if I can talk my buddy into taking a video of me walking today. Barefoot I assume. I'll also see if I can get him to take some video of me running, barefoot and shod. I want to see myself if I am running differently between the shod and bf.

B&A, I do have a skype account, but my connection doesn't seem to be great. I was trying to skype with my cousin who is deployed to Afghanistan the other day and I kept losing him because of my stupid connection. I will see if I can talk my buddy into taking a video of me walking today. Barefoot I assume. I'll also see if I can get him to take some video of me running, barefoot and shod. I want to see myself if I am running differently between the shod and bf.

My Skype username is : Jeremy.huffmna

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jase