Casual Foot Friendly Shoes

Mark Wilkinson

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I have been searching for a cheaper shoe I can wear out with jeans or whatever. I don't like wearing my VFFs out everywhere I go. I was looking at these: http://www.zappos.com/emerica-wino?zfcTest=fw:1

There seems to be complaints of no support and the fact the sizes run a little wide, which sounds like a winner to me. :) They are also fairly stylish and inexpensive, what do you all think? Or do you have any alternate suggestions for this price point?

Thanks!

I wonder if they are flexible.

I don't think they are flexible, but really it's up to each of us as to what attributes in shoes you can live with. I think they are pretty cushioned as well. I myself like a flexible, relatively thin, and very wide shoe with zero or low drop.

I agree with Lee. This style of shoe is quite common. You should be able to find them at a local store and try them on first. Wise choice.

We call shoes like that deck shoes. Anyone else? They're very yachtish.

I am probably going to Target tomorrow for that exact reason. I am just concerned with the sole flexibility so i want to make sure I have a lot of options.

We call shoes like that deck shoes. Anyone else? They're very yachtish.
They are similar to deck shoes, but these are designed for skateboarding (well, by a company they make skate boarding shoes, these are from their "casual" line), and these types of skate shoes tend to be fairly flexible.

When I was younger, we used to use deck shoes for skateboarding. I normally skateboarded barefoot, however. :barefoot:

Reactions: Bare Lee
I am just concerned with the sole flexibility so i want to make sure I have a lot of options.
The ones I have aren't as flexible as true minimalist shoes, and the sole is fairly thick, but they're zero drop with no arch support, don't feel too hot (I have hotfoot), and my wife likes them. I still prefer sandals, but as TJ notes, these are good for sipping waspberry daiquiris at the yacht club while pining for the fjords. You'll need a good pair of minimalist sunglasses to go with them.

Reactions: NickW
I'll be having strawberry daiquiris at the lake tomorrow. I won't be driving the boat, so it's okay. Looking forward to relaxing. Not looking forward to the sunburn as I am white as a ghost.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon