Books

I own one--Ken Bob's--but haven't read it yet. I read Jason's free book/primer last year and found it quite helpful and well-written. Mostly, I like tuning into Steve Magness's Science of Running site. The elite runners have always run the same as barefoot runners, and have often incorporated barefoot running into their training regimens. Steve has a vast knowledge of the science, history, and training philosophies of this kind of running. Specifically barefoot running books seem most suited to guiding one through the transition, but some of their explanations/models are pretty idiosyncratic.

I met Jessica last summer at a clinic Michael Sandler put on (co author of that book). Super nice. I read his book, but it was a little to earty/crunchy for my tastes. The Complete Idiot's Guide to barefoot running was good (and not just because I'm an idiot...) is pretty good

I was sent 3 copies of Robillard's book, but cant seem to read it for the life of me. Something to do with the lack of pictures Im sure...

Michael Sandler's "Barefoot Running" is the only one I finished (along with the ubiquitous BTR of course). Sandler's tone get's a little hippy-dippy-squishy at times, but the overall theme of the book was on track and helpful to me when I was just starting to run.

I should read it again to get re-motivated.

Ken Bob's Barefoot Running Step By Step is quite good. Chi Running is also worth a read but the vids are better IMHO.
Also, there's a new one getting rave reviews called Tread Lightly that I haven't read yet but have ordered.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7