Another barefoot in the news

jschwab

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
The local news station was reporting on the case of a 19 month old toddler who was found walking down the street unsupervised (and nobody looking for him) in a residential neighborhood holding a marijuana pipe and a pack of cigarettes BAREFOOT (emphasis theirs). Hmmmmm....

Oh yeah, typical.Sometimes

Oh yeah, typical.

Sometimes an entire apartment building full of people is burned to the ground,

with many people injured and killed, all sorts of possesions gone for good,

yet the local T.V. reporters biggest show of emotion is in reporting the fact that

many people had to evacuate BAREFOOT!

And the temps were in the mid 60's at the time on the smooth asphalt parking lot.

Hmmmmmmm...

I hadn't really understood

I hadn't really understood this before, but a fellow barefoot runner said something to me at a race a couple weeks ago that made a lot of sense. It's not the broken glass, rocks, and stuff that turn people away from barefoot running. It's the foot nudity. A lot of people think that feet are body parts that should be covered up.

So true. My wife (and others

So true. My wife (and others as well I suppose) is of this mindset. Having been indoctrinated into it from birth, other than to exercise or be in the house, I feel like I'm breaking some unwritten law by not wearing something. Guess I have a ways to go in being a rebel. ;-)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7