1st Trail race

Zetti

Barefooters
Feb 17, 2012
So I got back out into the trails and did my first trail 5k
Short but sweet.
Before, my feet really hurt running on trails as I am used to concrete. This time I had no issues what so ever (granted it was only 3.1 miles but a race with intensity none the less). I saw another BF runner which I had not expected at this race of just under 100 runners in an obscure State Park on Lake Michigan.
From the start to the finish I fell in love with trails again!!
Ended up with a 19:30 which I was happy with considering that I'm training for a marathon, not a 5k

End of the day I wish I lived closer to more trails because that, my friends, is a truly sacred experience! :barefoot:

Reactions: Bare Lee
Wow! great time for a trail!

Yah, my closest trail is 20 minutes by freeway.

Similar for me. That is the hardest part, its there but you have to justify taking time to go and come back + your run. Maybe we could get just a few more hours in the day and it would be easier to make the trek :)

Similar for me. That is the hardest part, its there but you have to justify taking time to go and come back + your run. Maybe we could get just a few more hours in the day and it would be easier to make the trek :)
Every two weeks I have to go about half the distance there, so it's really only 10 minutes one way out of my way. Today was only the second time out, but I'm looking to make it part of my routine. This trail is mostly compacted dirt and some easy gravel. A nice change from the abrasive asphalt and concrete. But yeah, it would be hard to justify driving 40 minutes round-trip just for a run. I'm not that fanatical (yet).

That's good news, Zetti.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway