Well, that's one way to go about things...

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
h13C66459

Reactions: ChasingShadows
Did you post this on Van's Airforce by chance?

My hubby said someone posted at vansairforce.com a picture of them wearing VFFs inside flip-flops and asked me (of course...sigh) if I knew who it was. :bucktooth:

Vansairforce? TJ, Scott's thinking RV 8 ? 10? 12? Maybe a 14? Yes! You ready to buck rivets? The boys are just about there.
Brats on the grill in six weeks. You guys in?

Vansairforce? TJ, Scott's thinking RV 8 ? 10? 12? Maybe a 14? Yes! You ready to buck rivets? The boys are just about there.

Didn't understand a thing you said but the brats sound good:hungry:.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Dama TJ mentioned her husband checking out Vans Air Force website
They are an organization of guys and gals building kit airplanes purchased from Vans Aircraft.
All aluminum and old school in construction technique, there are over 6,000 of them flying and many many more under some stage of construction. If you add up all homebuilt planes ranging from scratch built, plans built, or kit built excluding the RV's supplied by Vans the total comes nowhere near 6,000 even when including the Wright Flier.
Hanging out at EAA Airventure Oshkosh and camping on the field for over a week every July for 24 years now, I've enjoyed brats & brew and & corn roasts with dozens of vansairforce.com guys.
The first Saturday morning in August this year will be the date for the Runway 5K in Oshkosh. Free admission to the aviation event with runner registration.
TJ's husband Scott stopped by our tent/event vehicle compound last year for a brat,
he was happy.......he had guessed me to be some type of Vegan or something prior to that!
You coming in from Iowa last week of July?

Ah...got it...I picked it up off of some website (I'm thinking Failblog.org, but I can't rightly remember...)
Oh, so that's not you in the picture?

He's been building his "Aluminum Mistress" RV10 for about less than a year now. My oldest helps him with the riveting some; otherwise, he has friends that come over and help. It's a two-man job, and Scott normally likes to do things himself. He has the entire aluminum kit now, so he only lacks the instruments (which shouldn't be a problem for him to score) and the interior.

Sorry, no to Oshkosh this year. My feet are still :wtf: up, and the first week in August is when school starts up here.

Scott thought you were a dippy hippy before he met you. I'm not so sure you changed his mind after he met you though. Ha! :really playful:

Reactions: migangelo
Now I've got the beard to go along with the image.
RV 10, just enough room for you and the boys to come along.
By the time he's done test flying, you'll have mellowed out and be game to fly.

I thought I've seen other pictures of you wearing an earring, Board. Are you sure you're not "hiding" it from us? Hmmm? :pompus:

Reactions: migangelo
Maybe next year..............
Naw.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7