Weekly Mileage 12/18-12/24

Started off this week with an easy 6.12 miles.

How about all y'all?

Nice run TSWG! I ran 63

Nice run TSWG!

I ran 63 minutes this morning. (going by time instead of mileage, trying something different)

Temp: 21 degrees.

The first 30 minutes I ran with Vibrams on, the rest of the run was barefoot. This will be my new format for winter, so I can continue to run barefoot throughout the winter.

Barefoot Gentile wrote:I ran

Barefoot Gentile said:
I ran 63 minutes this morning. (going by time instead of mileage, trying something different)

Good idea, BG. I should try for time instead of mileage at this point in the year.

4.something another

4.something another today.

First trail run in awhile, and first night time trail run ever! I used my headlight from work and I was very pleased with the results! Ill have to do this more often. My last mile was at a hard pace, and despite it being pitch black (except for the headlight) and a somewhat technical trail with tons of roots and what nots, I was able to rock out around a 7:20 pace!

Just finished a late

Just finished a late afternoon 6.37 mile run.

I rode in my shed this morning for 75 minutes with the usual 1-2 winter layers plus a rain poncho. At this time of the year the temps in my shed are about 60 degrees at 10am.

Got 5 miles in today. I think

Got 5 miles in today. I think that is only 10 for the week. Hoping to get a decent long run in tomorrow.

WOOHOO finally back at it

WOOHOO finally back at it after a near 2-week hiatus while trying to get over some left calf pain. I still had a little pain, but I went out today and just started walking BF, mostly cloudy with a little sun, 46 degrees. Ended up going 1.76 miles in about 30 minutes, only because I took a wrong turn and only got 3/4 mile on my first lap instead of 1 mile.

After warming up, I did not feel any pain in my legs, so I ran 3 or 4 short distances during the 1.76 miles. Felt just a slight soreness in my left calf muscles and a little tightness (right calf felt fine, not tight at all). After I finished the pain in the left calf came back, still a little tight. Though it doesn't feel any worse than it has before, maybe even a little better.

I sure hope I can be completely over this soon. I'm also thinking of jumping on the elliptical at the gym up the street on the 2 days that I don't run, assuming I run M/W/F, then do elliptical T/Th, then rest on the weekend.

7.11 on the track watching

7.11 on the track watching some highschool kids play Ultimate Frisbee which, as it turns ot, is pretty cool!

8.00 miles in some new

8.00 miles in some new trails. They were AWESOME!!!

19.5 miles. First 9 were a

19.5 miles. First 9 were a loop around a trail much like RRUM, then some rocky parts. Followed that with a run to my house, which took me from downtown then through the hipster area, into the hood, then down to my neighborhood which is the edge of the country. It SUCKED. This was the worst training run I've ever had. My foot hurt like hell, I kept hitting rocks with my wound. My legs were sore from running differently. Oh well. Only my second BAD run. Seeing people along the way was pretty funny.

21.23 desolate, lonely,

21.23 desolate, lonely, isolated miles in some trails. It was beautiful! I think Im getting addicted to trails....

Chaserwilliams wrote:21.23

Chaserwilliams said:
21.23 desolate, lonely, isolated miles in some trails. It was beautiful! I think Im getting addicted to trails....

No wonder why the calf was giving you trouble and you managed 2.5 yesterday. Good long run, btw.

Ran 8.42 miles late yesterday to finish my week with 20.91 miles.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon