The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Pic of the trail today...
420473_2528500368697_1139094248_31842644_1443805390_n.jpg
This should be fun. It looks like spotty showers and storms kicking off tomorrow and running through Friday night. Then we will probably get a line of intense storms pushing through Saturday morning. My original thinking of this being a wet period is coming true, unfortunately.

Jim discussed dinner with me

Jim discussed dinner with me for Saturday. Since we will finish between 5 and 7 he thought we should just get something in town. Do you guys want to go into town for post race dinner or just eat at the camp site... if at the camp site... what???

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Jim

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Jim discussed dinner with me for Saturday. Since we will finish between 5 and 7 he thought we should just get something in town. Do you guys want to go into town for post race dinner or just eat at the camp site... if at the camp site... what???

I plan to wait around for Chase and you to finish but I will be hitting the road shortly after that. It is now supposed to rain Saturday night, so y'all might be looking for a dry warm place to sit and eat for a few hours!

Thanks for the map. Are you still planning on getting there early in the day?

So all of you doing this -

So all of you doing this - have a great race. Did you notice the views on this thread? I think everyone is watching you. It has been fun to track your training and prep for the race. Gives us lesser mileage guys inspiration.

Thanks Rick! Hope not to

Thanks Rick! Hope not to dissapoint!

Bubba:

Yeah, I am. What time are you thinking you will finish in now? What are your past 50 mile times? Just curious how far ahead you plan to be...

Looks like we are in for a muddy run.

I looked up running in the mud and got this: http://www.seriousrunning.com/blog/trail-running/tips-for-trail-running-in-the-mud/

Funny, a lot of the tips are basically barefoot running form, so it might actually be better for us than the heel strikers.

Now I am seeing thunderstorms and up to 75 degrees... This is gonna be wild!!! I just hope they don't call it half way through due to lightning! A friend at work ran Hells Hills several years back before it was called that and they called it due to lightning and flooding halfway through.

I plan on getting there pretty early. I am leaving Austin at about 8 AM, so probably around 11:30. I am gonna set up and then head to town for lunch and supplies, then back for a quick jog on the trail, trail briefing, that sort of thing.

Excellent!!! I bought a new

Excellent!!! I bought a new Spi Belt and some body glide today, just gotta convince my wife to apply it for me.... Lol.

Is she going to apply for all

Is she going to apply for all of us or will you do that?

Sorry to barefoot runners everywhere. I KT taped my knee up since it has bothered me since I ran in the shoes... It seems to help. Gonna test it on a run tomorrow. I think it will stay on through Saturday

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Is

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Is she going to apply for all of us or will you do that?

Sorry to barefoot runners everywhere. I KT taped my knee up since it has bothered me since I ran in the shoes... It seems to help. Gonna test it on a run tomorrow. I think it will stay on through Saturday
Good thing I don't use loob or glide or any of that stuff!

Lol, I've never used it

Lol, I've never used it before either. But if rather have it and not need it than try to ask someone else if I could borrow theirs... Know what I'm sprayin?

So my wife said she would drive us to eat both Friday and Saturday in our Sequoia. I call shotgun!

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Thanks Rick! Hope not to dissapoint!

Bubba:

Yeah, I am. What time are you thinking you will finish in now? What are your past 50 mile times? Just curious how far ahead you plan to be...

Looks like we are in for a muddy run.

I looked up running in the mud and got this: http://www.seriousrunning.com/blog/trail-running/tips-for-trail-running-in-the-mud/

Funny, a lot of the tips are basically barefoot running form, so it might actually be better for us than the heel strikers.

Now I am seeing thunderstorms and up to 75 degrees... This is gonna be wild!!! I just hope they don't call it half way through due to lightning! A friend at work ran Hells Hills several years back before it was called that and they called it due to lightning and flooding halfway through.

I plan on getting there pretty early. I am leaving Austin at about 8 AM, so probably around 11:30. I am gonna set up and then head to town for lunch and supplies, then back for a quick jog on the trail, trail briefing, that sort of thing.
I'm actually just looking to finish strong. I only finished 1 race last year and want to get off to a better start this year!

My biggest weather concern is the wind and temps. The high should be in the morning with temps falling during the day and the wind kicking up to 15 / 20 mph. That will get pretty chilly after getting soaked and mud covered in the morning.

Chaserwilliams wrote:Lol,

Chaserwilliams said:
Lol, I've never used it before either. But if rather have it and not need it than try to ask someone else if I could borrow theirs... Know what I'm sprayin?

So my wife said she would drive us to eat both Friday and Saturday in our Sequoia. I call shotgun!
Don't be shy, just walk into the aid station and drop your pants and yell, "help! It burns!" And someone will take care of you or call the cops. Either way, your good.

Well, its 9:00PM, and I'm

Well, its 9:00PM, and I'm taking my last poop for the day after going to dinner with the wife, Doomed, Bubba, and Jim. In 10 hours Doomed, Bubba, and myself will set forth on our 50 mile journey. Just 3 easy laps. One step after another until were done....

Doomed made it to the trail briefing. Thee only thing to worry about is an alligator nest thats under one of the bridges, Davy Crocket himself and an 88 year old man. Other than that things should be smooth sailing!

Light drizzle this morning.

Light drizzle this morning. Should clear out some by start time.