Pre- and Post-run Routines

I think you're onto something there BBR, and I like the way you talk. I've always been pretty stretchy, and used to be able to do the splits. In fact, I probably still could if I worked my way into it for a few months. And it would be great to put my foot up above my head with a good high kick. Hmnn, maybe I should include some karate strikes and kicks into my workout routine. That would count as dynamic stretching, right? Then I could do dynamic stretching in addition to static stretching, rolling, and trigger point massaging and have all my bases covered. Oh wait, I gave my heavy bag to my nephew. Oh but wait, I don't think he ever uses it . . . or I guess I could just practice forms, then it's almost like dynamic yoga. I could be a barefoot dynamic yoga HIIT runner -- BFDYHIITR -- if I combined this practice with my interval run day.

Lee...you're doing the smegal thing again :p

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
Lee...you're doing the smegal thing again :p
Through careful self-reflection and a crushing sense of anticipation, I've come to realize that I'm not a fast-typing chipmunk, but sometimes I have relapses. But at least I don't do a hundred yard sprint and then go on and on about my half marathon. That's not a recommended dose of delusion, at least not for a hobbit, who tend to be a practical, commonsensical type of folk.

Through careful self-reflection and a crushing sense of anticipation, I've come to realize that I'm not a fast-typing chipmunk, but sometimes I have relapses. But at least I don't do a hundred yard sprint and then go on and on about my half marathon. That's not a recommended dose of delusion, at least not for a hobbit, who tend to be a practical, commonsensical type of folk.
hahahahahahaha well played fine sir!!
...and might I add "OUCH" I could feel that all the way over here :eek::oops:

Reactions: Bare Lee
hahahahahahaha well played fine sir!!
...and might I add "OUCH" I could feel that all the way over here :eek::oops:

Don't worry Zetty, Lee is just super jealous of your speedy half.

Reactions: NickW and Zetti
I usually start out slow for the first mile, stretch a little, see how i feel and judge my pace on the outcome. If i feel a little tight i will take things slow, if everything seems to be in order I'll push my pace a bit.
The first thing my German Shepherd did when she woke up was have a good stretch, she would then promptly walk into park cars because she was blind as a bat, but the intention was there, bless her little paws, she was a lean, mean, running machine, and i never once saw her lame.
I never stretch to the point where i feel pain, i think that's an important distinction to make, just gentle loosening of tight muscles is enough.

Reactions: Bare Lee
The first thing my German Shepherd did when she woke up was have a good stretch, she would then promptly walk into park cars because she was blind as a bat, but the intention was there, bless her little paws, she was a lean, mean, running machine, and i never once saw her lame.
Hupi09430m1.jpg

Reactions: skedaddle
Oh...and so my post is not completely irrelevant, I always used to stretch then run....then I stopped purely as a time saving measure.....then I started getting hurt and started stretching again.
I think it is best to warm up a bit, then do some light stretching then run, then post run stretching for myself at least.....but that is just so much work :(

Reactions: skedaddle

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7