Police

And here I thought Board never left The Pub! Where's that drunken smiley when you need him?!

BG, you obviously only scanned my lengthy OP, but here's a copy/paste of the opening line:
"Since it dipped well below freezing last night and was only forcast to hit 40 degrees F for a high today three of us decided to run the two mile loop of the perimeter of a nearby regional mall since the 20% of clear sky provided some warmth to this asphalt heat island."
And here I thought "almost all" of my posts were either about beer or 5K RR's!
Had to check quickly to make sure I wasn't back at that "other place" by mistake.

Scanning, it's my downfall on all forums. Peace man, gotcha.

Longboard, almost all of your posts consist of the law and barefoot. Running barefoot in a mall parking lot will obviously raise red flags. I can't disagree with the security guard, it's an odd place to run barefoot. Find a some side streets or some trails. I am so against this whole barefoot thing and fighting the law.

I don't push my limits much with the law, but I do think someone should in cases where it doesn't make sense.
I also like it when people make the rest of the world think a minute outside of their tiny little nonsensical "rules" which usually amount to "i dunno, that's not normal, it must not be right; ill try to think of a reason"

The run was so enjoyable......in the 30's yet toasty asphalt. THREE of us smiling and running the perimeter, with so many smiles from shoppers walking from their cars. I was seriously thinking about starting a local winter mall lot barefoot running club (they have mall walkers inside every morning) since it such a perfect plowed and sundried warm track. It could have been good PR for the mall, just like the walking clubs are.
I have no idea how the management would feel about it, yesterday's security patrol was of course only shooting from the hip. Maybe that guard will end up being put in charge of insuring our club's safety for the weekend runs!

[With severe apologies to Cheap Trick]

The feet police, they’re going out of their head
The feet police, they bring me shoes in my bed
The feet police, are disapproving of me, oh no

They don’t like bare feet
‘Cos bare feet don’t look nice.
And when I run the streets
They start picking a fight (a fight)

“You’ll step on some glass, then you’ll break your ass”
Every single mile
They’re driving me insane
I still think shoes are lame

The feet police, they’re giving warnings to me, oh no

I can’t go in stores ‘cos they say it’s not clean
But I wash my feet
And have real good hygiene (hygiene)

“You’ll slip on some mud, and go down with a thud”
Every single mile
They’re driving me insane
I still think shoes are lame

[Bridge]
I’m nonchalant, they track me down, they won’t let me alone
The head mall cop makes up the rules and won’t let me alone
The shops head clerk says I’m unclean and won’t let me alone
I cut my foot, they say “Your fault and now you must atone…”

The feet police, they’re giving tickets to me, oh no

The feet police (police, police)

So they thought you were a racists AND a member of a minority group at the same time? I take it you did not go to school with the deepest of thinkers...

FWIW, I did not even consider the skinhead thing from your username; I thought you were a lawyer... (Hurt in a car accident? Well call the offices of Rick White Law and we'll get you all sorts of crazy cash! Pain and suffering has never felt so good!)

Now - is it pronounced White-law? Or Whit-law?

Good stuff Pirate. Pronounced "White-law".

You're nuts, Matey! :barefoot:

Reactions: RunningPirate
So I guess I'm still unclear.....RUNNING was the problem, not being barefoot?
Strange turn of events.
In order to find out Board, go for a run again and find out. Maybe the guards will tell you.

Well it would have to be a barefoot walk to test it I guess since running with shoes won't work for me.
I've got an idea......I'll walk in bare feet while a friend runs in shoes, we'll see who gets arrested!

Reactions: Bare Lee
Well it would have to be a barefoot walk to test it I guess since running with shoes won't work for me.
I've got an idea......I'll walk in bare feet while a friend runs in shoes, we'll see who gets arrested!

That is a good idea LB, let us know how it turns out. Go in disguise so they don't recognize you. Maybe a wig, grass skirt, and some coconuts.

"What are you in for?"
"Molesting a dead horse."
"Well..I can't see what's so wrong with that.....did the horse object?"

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse."
- Woody Allen

Reactions: RunningPirate
Man, cool story LB. What did I get out of it? That you get to run BF with your BF wife and even go shopping and eat at restaurants BF with your wife. *sigh* sounds so nice...

Oh you had a run-in with the law, too? Ah well that's cool that you stood up to them. :D

...... What did I get out of it? ....... *sigh* sounds so nice.... :D
Don't forget that a barefoot lady 10 years younger than us joined in for it all as well.
Oh yeah......she's single....

See I didn't even pay attention much to that part because I have no use for single women. Despite her disdain for my BF'edness, I'm still fiercely in love with my wife and will defend our marriage to the ends of the earth. :)

Reactions: Agnesd and NickW
I go to a backwoods methodist church in Rural west GA full of old people, and they think it's neat I go everywhere barefoot. I helped with bible school in the summer and took the kids through the grave yard barefoot looking for certain markers...(lots of confederate soldiers buried there). Yet people look at me like I'm nuts when I run through the public parks etc...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway