Mortifying question

"back out a bolt".....nice....lol

for me (and me only I guess being an experiment of one) I've had to deal with this in two ways

1) the almost immediate, about 2 miles in (so also two miles from home) urge - this one seems to be related to the previous evenings food/drink intake and can be influenced by an organised evening event. If I'm getting up at 5:30, throwing on my kit and running out the door, another half hour before for a cup of coffee is not an option.
2) the about an hour or so into a long run urge - havent worked this one out yet as I try predominantly to run aerobically. Doesn't seem to make any difference if I go pre-run

One thing I have noticed though, is hyper hydration can be your pre-race friend. Back when i was a rugby referee, I'd effectively hydrate all morning and generally ended up expelling the excess thourgh both pee and poop, which meant I ended up going about three times in the morning before the match, but never during.

My solution? Always carry paper, and look out for off road hidey places on regular routes.

Oh, my! What a pic to have in one's life portfolio.

I second the advice to know your local poisonous plants really well.

As your workouts become a more stable part of your daily cycle and you get more in tune with your body (runners do, you know) you will find that this becomes more of a manageable thing. EVERYBODY manages it. You will do fine.

Reactions: pitbullmamaliz
Plan routes with bathrooms. This ridiculous town I live in actually puts a ton of random bathrooms along their running trails, but they lock them until 5 am and I tend to run a lot earlier than that when I'm running a lot. So this would normally include running around the block first and then heading out for the real run. I never found sitting around the house to help much. Just got up and ran two miles, did my thing and continued.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon