Mileage reporting 35th week of 2013

Oh, and I wanted to add a photo of my favorite view of the morning, which happens to be in my driveway.
Wow that's awesome Laura! My flowers didn't really bloom like normal this year. Must have been because we jumped into hot weather or something early. Not sure why really. My hydrangea finally bloomed late in the summer but it is really short lived and the flowers are starting to die already. My roses never did bloom at all which was just bizarre.

Wow that's awesome Laura! My flowers didn't really bloom like normal this year. Must have been because we jumped into hot weather or something early. Not sure why really. My hydrangea finally bloomed late in the summer but it is really short lived and the flowers are starting to die already. My roses never did bloom at all which was just bizarre.
Each year can definitely be different. I have always had good results with my Heavenly Blue Morning Glories. They've been blooming up closer to the house longer. They were later on the fence this year, but I had some watering issues. I wrote about them last summer: http://dailyimprovisations.com/the-curse-of-the-heavenly-blue-morning-glory/

Went out again for another 45 min run on 91 degs.
Decided to go out again and take advantage of this hot weather running before winter arrives:meh:

Not a bad idea. You might be able to store up some of that heat to help carry you through the winter months.
Won't that be great? heat reserves:cool:!

Well, I think Dama jinxed the weather. When I got to the golf course this morning it was raining and my buddies decided to go tomorrow instead of getting wet, what a bunch of pansies I golf with. I went home had a coffee and though it had been a while since I had a run in the rain, finished my coffee and went out and did another 2 miles in the rain, now that was fun. So with the 4 miles early this morning and the 2 later in the morning that makes 6 miles for the day. :)

Well, I think Dama jinxed the weather. When I got to the golf course this morning it was raining and my buddies decided to go tomorrow instead of getting wet, what a bunch of pansies I golf with. I went home had a coffee and though it had been a while since I had a run in the rain, finished my coffee and went out and did another 2 miles in the rain, now that was fun. So with the 4 miles early this morning and the 2 later in the morning that makes 6 miles for the day. :)

No matter what I always get blame for everything regardless of place:mad:
My co-workers say that I am guilty until proven inocent and now you Dutchie?:p

Summer has come back this week...today afternoon 1 hour local woods trail run...4 miles only with some walking on the hills....90F. Even in the heat it was still ok in the shady trees...took it real easy
You don't say and what's up with all that walking non sense:p

Well, if the shoe fits, wait that's not doable in this forum. But yup, I tend to agree with them. :rolleyes:
consider this your first warning dutchie, you'll pay dearly when I see you. So keep that in mind:inpain:

3 reps each, at the middle 50% range -or less, of the following: 30 minutes of upper body -pull up, pull down, pull back, pull over, and push out, kettlebell, rows, climbing machine, and wielding around of the bosu ball -and all in proper form!

12.5km/7.8mi with 5 x 8' fast and 2' recovery in between (that's 8 minutes, not 8 foot :D) intervals ....

A wonderful weather today, at 7am we already had 18C/64F, and the forecast is for 28C/82F....

Not bad for the last days of winter !

wednesday: 1.5 hr swim, breaks for miscellaneous toe cramps

thursday: ~40 min swim, had to sneak it in between absurdly long meetings for the beginning of the semester. Feel like my entire body atrophied during the long mandatory sitting still sessions. torturous.

8 mile bike ride, easy pace, hot and humid, muscles fatigued from being made to sit and cramp up. ugh. pretty evening though.

ok, and i'm starting to really miss early morning runs.

7.07 miles. The first 2.75 were barefoot at about 10'30"/mile. I ran up a big long hill that I like, and was going to turn around and run back down barefooted and put on my Fivefingers for the last mile home, but I ran into a younger, faster guy I know who was out doing a 4 hr run around town... just going up and down hills over and over, and kind of wherever he felt like going. My wife and I sometimes do that on our bikes (although not for FOUR HOURS!). We call it "toodling". I decided to add a few miles with him, some of which were on gravelly trails. So I put on the Fivefingers for the rest of the run, and ended up going faster than I normally do on my own. It was fun to have someone to talk to! We talked about trail running and ultras (neither of us have done one, but both kind of want to), and agreed to go do some trails together next month. He's new to the area, and hasn't really done any of the desert-ish trails around here... just the high mountain trails south of us.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon