Mileage Reporting 31st Week of 2013

Just didn't want to deal with the rocks and stickers today (go ahead Dama, I'm asking for it,). 6 miles in 46:30 SHOD.

SISSY:pnice speed though

First run of the week, Tribble Mill park 6 miles pavement plus 3 miles trails. Wanted to run in the rain but it slowed down to just sprinkles by the time I started out...still good and wet out, lots of puddles and the trails were muddy. Ave pace for whole run about 9:30 m/m.

as some know i drank beer, ate, swam, and slept on Monday. Tuesday i did some 10' sprints. i was amazed that my hr didn't jump until i was already walking but 10s goes by fast. today i did a maf test and my time dropped. quite a bit so i'll keep it up.

i will be at least biking into work tonight, possibly home. tomorrow is vacation to hotter parts of the world to visit family. lets see if i take my computer or give you'll a break from me. :finger:

It's week 31 already :wtf: - my mileage is way down, a lousy 3 this evening. Haven't run in exactly a week. I did go camping though and didn't don a pair of anything on my feet all weekend. I even hiked http://www.adirondacklakes.com/recreation/hiking/azure-mountain barefoot, it's only 2 miles but nobody else in my group did it and everyone though I was crazy for doing so........ They have no idea what they missed the earth climbing that trail was absolutely amazing.

Time to get the mileage up though, have my first marathon coming up in October. I might do a half in September too, still up in the air on it.

Another excellent 8 mile run at 4:15 am, 86 deg., 46% rh... saw a few rabbits, almost home saw another bat.
I have to admit some mornings I do not feel 100%. I always always feel better after a run!
At mile 6.5 a phrase popped in my head from the 70's "Keep Truckin" I added "Just Keep on Truckin"
Feet Good. Legs Good.

Tuesday
Three-mile bike commute. Slept well again that night.

Wednesday
Nine-mile bike commute and half-a$$ed effort on bench press. Still felt a bit weak from my weird virus, so decided to put off the rest of the Top ST session for another day.

Thursday morning
Woke up at 3am from an apocalyptic nightmare. My family and I were driving home when all of a sudden the daytime sky became darkened by a smoky layer of smog or soot with fluorescent geometric shapes behind it while foul-mouthed Gypsies threw their children in front of our car in order to get us to stop so they could rob us.

I knew it was time to start running again.

So I did my business, donned my predawn headlamp, and headed out the door around 3:20am, running under a cool, clear, dark sky punctuated by a low crescent moon and possibly Jupiter or Mars just below it. Everything was still and quiet except for the occasional timed sprinkler system watering the sidewalks and boulevards. I could hear tires' rolling resistance from up to a mile away.

After a week off, I wasn't sure what distance to start things up again with. I was thinking 3-4 miles, but ended up carving out a route closer to five miles. Upon re-entry into my neighborhood, however, at around the four-mile mark, I started to feel a little something on the outside of my right knee, so, aware of the possibility of underuse injury, decided to shut it down and walked the last 3/4 miles home.

Overall, a nice, leisurely run. I don't think I stepped on a single pebble. I really love these early morning runs. Like RunLite01 says, I may not always feel like it starting out, but I always feel good afterwards, and I love how the firstthinginthemorning run sets up the rest of the day.

Great 5 mile run at 4:15 am, 84 deg., 66%rh.. saw rabbits and heard owls crying out (too cool) I cannot describe the different sounds that the screech owls make but it makes me raise my hands and spread my fingers (like I won a race) good thing its dark and no one around!
Love to run barefoot, love the wildlife!!

Tuesday
Three-mile bike commute. Slept well again that night.

Wednesday
Nine-mile bike commute and half-a$$ed effort on bench press. Still felt a bit weak from my weird virus, so decided to put off the rest of the Top ST session for another day.

Thursday morning
Woke up at 3am from an apocalyptic nightmare. My family and I were driving home when all of a sudden the daytime sky became darkened by a smoky layer of smog or soot with fluorescent geometric shapes behind it while Gypsy's threw their children in front of our car in order to get us to stop so they could rob us.

I knew it was time to start running again.

So I did my business, donned my predawn headlamp, and headed out the door around 3:20am, running under a cool, clear, dark sky punctuated by a low crescent moon and possibly Jupiter or Mars just below it. Everything was still and quiet except for the occasional timed sprinkler system watering the sidewalks and boulevards. I could hear tires' rolling resistance from up to a mile away.

After a week off, I wasn't sure what distance to start things up again with. I was thinking 3-4 miles, but ended up carving out a route closer to five miles. Upon re-entry into my neighborhood, at around the four-mile mark, I started to feel a little something on the outside of my right knee, so, aware of the possibility of underuse injury, decided to shut it down and walked the last 3/4 miles home.

Overall, a nice, leisurely run. I don't think I stepped on a single pebble. I really love these early morning runs. Like RunLite01 says, I may not always feel like it starting out, but I always feel good afterwards, and I love how the firstthinginthemorning run sets up the rest of the day.

I really like the night runs (I do not use a light). I use street lights and peoples house and landscaping lights. I like the lights but I also like areas that are pitch black.
Shoot I like running in daylight too!

I really like the night runs (I do not use a light). I use street lights and peoples house and landscaping lights. I like the lights but I also like areas that are pitch black.
Shoot I like running in daylight too!
Yah, I'm still finding my way with it. On one of my first early morning runs, I stepped on pebbles, some quite sharp, 5-6 times, but today I was early enough that I could run in the middle of the street most of the time, and there's almost no debris there. So the headlamp may have been unnecessary, although I kind of like the weird tunnel vision it gives you. It's like I'm flying in a small helicopter six feet off the ground. I think my favorite early morning run so far was running through the hour of dawn. Anyway, thanks for inspiring me to take up the early morning program in earnest. I had been meaning to for a long time, but had trouble summoning that initial motivation, but it's been surprisingly easy to make the adjustment.

Let myself run 4 miles just now. Really concentrated on the the light and springy. Seems to have made a difference. Even though I can still feel my knee some throughout the day, I didn't feel it at all while running. I could tell I haven't been running as much lately, but my splits weren't too bad for me.
8:10
8:13
8:24
8:35
I played the mental game by dressing like (an older) Lara Croft, sort of, so will change my profile photo to reflect this mindset.

2 miles today. Felt great, I think my left foot is at 100% again, yahoo. On my way to the Twin Cities later today for 5k run on Saturday and carb loading with Lee. Will try to slowly increase my milage and see if I can get another half in yet before the snow flies. Starting with a 10k in early September or October, depends on when Barefooting Bob can find time for his barefooted friends here in the Peg. Seeing a lot more people walking around barefoot here in my area, maybe I am starting to influence other people. :)

Had a really nice run this afternoon - nearly didn't go out because it got really hot again and I thought it might not be much fun. Just short of 1.5 miles, all but the first .25 barefoot. (I tend to keep my shoes on until I'm away from the buildings as I really depend on it as a place to run and I'm really not interested in giving anyone an excuse to decide there may be health and safety reasons against barefooting.).
I used a vibrating metronome to try keeping a higher cadence (180) and it really really helped; I felt light and bouncy the whole while and my feet feel much less tired at the end of it. Keeping the same cadence going up and down hill as on the flat was really interesting as well. The vibrating beat was nice because it was just there in the background, not too insistent. When I walked parts of the route I found I was doing it at about half the cadence.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon