Just Wondering...

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Since I am not motivated enough to start a Barefoot Walkers (for exercise) Society site, I have to ask. Are there people on this forum who ONLY walk/hike barefoot? Or who at least spend about the same amount of time walking/hiking barefoot as they do running barefoot?

I believe myself to be lucky

I believe myself to be lucky to have spent the majority of the calendar year barefoot. I would say 80% of the time I am barefoot 17% minimalist and the last 3% in my old Chaco hikers or Footprints by Birkenstock brown dress shoe. As for intentional walks/hikes my wife and I go out on a walk (barefoot) at least twice a week.

Gracia y paz,

a

Nature Runner used to post

Nature Runner used to post here all the time. He is heavy into walking and hiking barefoot. There are some others here as well. I don't hike much, but when I do I am, of course, barefoot. (I CAN'T wear shoes due to having Morton's Neuroma in both feet.)

I most definetly am very much

I most definetly am very much still into hiking barefoot , and outside of work I am barefoot all the time. It's the best, especially hiking barefoot with no doubt. I actually just went on a 8 mile barefoot hike yesterday! ;)

Glad to hear from you, NR.

Glad to hear from you, NR.

Most of the barefoot hiker

Most of the barefoot hiker sites are pretty old, but a few have some updated activity.

This one is pretty good: http://barefoothikers.org/

Meanwhile, for daily info purposes I believe the BRS is probably the best place.

Maybe if there is enough interest TJ might even add a walkin/hiking section!

Yes...maybe TJ would... :) 

Yes...maybe TJ would... :) Yeah the sites people have listed look like they are inactive.

I could consider that, you

I could consider that, you guys. Do me a favor. Spur some interest in this idea, check back with me in a month or so, and we'll talk then. My plate is full at the moment. I want to make sure there is enough interest in starting a new forum. Spooner asked me to separate the Gear & Footwear forum, and I understand why, but we really don't get a lot of posts about Gear for it to warrant it's own forum. Let's make sure we have interest here first. Thanks.