INTERESTING VIDEO COMPARISONS

fredbros

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
Interesting video comparisons made by two French friends

http://www.runmygeek.com/2011/02/etude-de-foulees-minimaliste-pieds-nus.html

Three runners : one BF, one minimalist, one shod. Each of them successively ran : shod, minimalist (VFF, TP, Merrell), BF

Thanks Fred, really nice

Thanks Fred, really nice piece of work there. I especially enjoyed the split video of barefoot and VFFs from the back. The buckle of the ankle towards the middle (on impact) is pretty shocking. I had some pain there on my run yesterday (on my left leg) and now I understand why though I still don't get how to correct it. Thanks again.

Haha!  Tres marrant!  OK, you

Haha! Tres marrant! OK, you cured me of liberal ! usage but c'mon those videos are pretty exciting!!! (ps "difference" is feminine but nice heckle anyway).

In the first video, the

In the first video, the runner in shoes seems to heel strike with the left foot, but not really the right foot.

In the third video, the barefoot runner has an extremely long stride. I wonder how this stride length would work on ashpalt or concrete for this runner, seeing as how the conveyor belt is very forgiving.

I can't make anything out on the first VFF vs. barefoot runner video, since the VFFs are black and the conveyor belt is black; it all blends together on my screen.

In the second barefoot vs. VFF runner video, it's great to see someone not heel stirking in VFFs; unfortunately, I am not as graceful or skilled, so I still heel strike in VFFs.

Joshh, Merci for the

Joshh, Merci for the grammar. I do my best to make sense with my background in Hungarian and Spanish. All my French was learned orally from dear Chantal from Madagasgar with whom I travelled for 2 weeks in Ireland in 1977.

Holy moly, so let me get this

Holy moly, so let me get this straight that makes English, Hungarian and Spanish that you speak and you picked up French in two weeks time in 1977? If you're kidding you're a donkey. If you're not, RESPECT.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts