IBRD

No Sir, Mr. Lee. Not you.

I corrected the post.

After all, you bought the shirt. Hee. ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee
How so? Whatcha got planned?

Oh, and my littlest starts Kindergarten in the fall too.

Well, my daughter spent the first three years of her life in Mozambique, where bare feet and sandals are the norm. A few months after we arrived Stateside in 2010, she began daycare/preschool at a nice Lutheran center (I'm not religious but my wife is) with a family atmosphere. Her teacher this year is from Uganda, and two of the white women there grew up as missionary kids in Madagascar. So they're pretty barefoot friendly, and get the concept of minimalist shoes, even though a lot of the kids there have horribly heavy, stiff shoes.

But I'm wondering in kindergarten if they will be so accepting of my daughter wearing moccasins, or if she will feel awkward about being different . . . we'll see. At least I'm slowly but surely winning the argument with my wife.

I would imagine in Georgia people are little less hung up about bare feet, no?

Reactions: Gidds
I didn't participate in a IBRD event, instead I rode my bike 13 miles on Saturday and 11 miles on Sunday. First time doing some real riding in almost a year. And I wore my VFF's both time, had no problems. Saturday was a group ride and nobody even asked about them which was surprising.

However Saturday morning my wife and I both did a 2-mile run/walk (her first time running with me, her first time really running at all actually though she's a Zumba addict). She wore shoes but I was BF.

*edit* oh yeah before the run on Saturday morning, I went up to the local bike shop for some new tires and other stuff for my bike to get ready for the group ride. Hauled my bike in there while BF and they were totally cool with it.

Lee, in Georgia, they are just as "offended" by my barefootedness as much as any other state, I guess. My neighbors and others I associate with think I am nuts. Whatever. My youngest wore water socks to school, until they broke down and got so smelly, I had to throw them away. They're kinda like moccasins. Those things just don't last long for regular footwear, but they are so affordable, it's worth replacing them when needed.

My neighbors and others I associate with think I am nuts.

Wait...you're not? (That's what you get for laughing at my pee-stained tent, so...take that, you...) 'course, when people tell me that I'm nuts/crazy/insane/psychotic/naked/trespassing/in contempt, I agree with them...

As for the water socks, the only issue I'd see is in breathability, or rather, lack thereof (you already nailed durability). Could the kids wear huararches instead? Or (and I say this not having been in school for over 2 decades) is there some sort of dress code that prohibits that?

Just so it's supportive-postal... ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7