Going insane not running

Lee, I have a really small gym here at my condo and while there is a multifunction machine, there is no rower. It'll be ok, I'll figure something out. We have a couple different types of bikes and a crappy stair climber (hate this thing) and a treadmill too.
After I hurt my knee, biking and hiking (stair climbing) hurt. I was left with walking and my piece of junk elliptical in the garage. Rowing, that's a pretty good idea. I'll have to get a machine for the winter.

Reactions: Bare Lee
After I hurt my knee, biking and hiking (stair climbing) hurt. I was left with walking and my piece of junk elliptical in the garage. Rowing, that's a pretty good idea. I'll have to get a machine for the winter.
If you do, get a Concept II machine. I got a Concept II D model second-hand. These machines are the industry standard, and retain their value well. Also, check out the C-Breeze accessory: http://www.ps-sport.net/. One thing, I did get a little tendinitis in my left elbow when I first started out. I adapted the handles to 'neutral' position (palms perpendicular to the floor), and that helped a lot.

Yay! Got 1 mile barefoot in today without much for knee pain! Gonna take it easy for a while though before I add any distances. I also tried MGBG Monday workout from his most recent post on his blog and it kicked my butt! It was nice to change up the gym routine and do some things I've never really done much of before. I'm sure I'll be hurting tomorrow.

Reactions: jldeleon
I forgot to add that I did this run without my Garmin or any tracking or pacing devices. That was really nice and I have no idea how fast I was going but I sure felt like I was going much faster than normal.

Reactions: jldeleon