Embarrassing Race Photo

Naw - the pic is fine...whenever I get race pics, they seem to always replace me with someone that looks like me, only about 15 lbs heavier...I keep telling them to stop, but they don't listen...

Just wear black, or vertical stripes, both of which are slimming. This is usually what I tell my subjects on photo shoots or "I'm not a surgeon, I'm just a photographer ma'am". ;)

Just wear black, or vertical stripes, both of which are slimming. This is usually what I tell my subjects on photo shoots or "I'm not a surgeon, I'm just a photographer ma'am". ;)

What restraint. I would have gone along the lines of "I'm not a magician, I'm just a photographer..." :D

As for the vert stripes, it's hard to find that in athletic wear outside of referee shrits...also, there's a certain "trying to hide my fat" thing that stripes beget. Maybe, I'll just lose the weight :cool:

I don't know much - but I definitely have learned that one of the worst predictors of what is actually going on with one's form is a still photo. I would say it's almost useless as a way of assessing form.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I know I am too hard on myself. Just want to do everything right.

I mostly posted the pic for the people's reactions. I had some great jaw dropping stares at a half in January, but it was part of the photos that you have to purchase.

Also, it's nice to see some action photos of the members here. Hope the gallery gets going.

I am totally not seeing a heel strike there, Gent.

In fact, I'm not seeing anything. It's blank. Ha! Hee.

Reactions: happysongbird
Just giving you a hard time. It's the drugs.

Uh, Rick, you might want to find some shade.

And that's all I'm going to say.

Reactions: rickwhitelaw
Just giving you a hard time. It's the drugs.

You know, TJ, you can only use that excuse for so long, so if I were you I'd start practicing a few other cop-outs for when you're all healed up. I'll get you started:

"Just giving you a hard time. It's the Alzheimer's."

Just giving you a hard time. It's the Republican in me."

or, my personal favorite

"Just giving you a hard time. It's the shoes."

Ya, those are good ones, but I'm afraid I might be have to stick with my (lately) usual for awhile. I'm off the demerol, but I still take the gabapentin (nerve) meds. I just want to crash all the time. They make me so dizzy and tired and sleepy, but without them the pain increases. I still have peripheral neuropathy, since there's only so much the doctor could do. I am a mess. I believe I still have one of the four neuromas troubling me, but he says no way, it's in my head, literally, and that it's going to take some time to reprogram my brain after these last surgeries to tell me that it's not there. I still have crazy phantom pains, mostly at night. Enough of the pity party. Please enjoy a piece of cake.

Oh, and NEVER to the last one!

Damn, TJ, I sure don't mean to make light of what is an obviously difficult experience you're going through (but I think you know that, so no worries). I just hope that your healing progresses well. I trust you are being careful about your diet and making sure to get extra nutrients into your body. (I'm a vegan, and very aware of the effect that good (and bad) nutritional habits have on the body). Pass up the cake...have a green smoothie instead! :)

Oh, that's okay. I do eat a lot of healthy stuff, and I eat a lot of crap. (It was birthday cake season here at my house for awhile. :)) I am already doing better, trying to eat more of the healthy stuff though. I have already had one water therapy season this past Saturday in our sub's pool, and I am supposed to do three to four a week for six weeks. I go again tomorrow night at the Y. I am looking forward to it. I found my last session a good workout and good for my lungs. I used to be able to swim the entire distance of our sub's pool holding my breath under water. I couldn't get but halfway this time! I haven't been active for eight months because of all the surgeries. What's weird is my first water session really set my nerves off. Just as soon as I stepped out of the water, they started firing. They stayed that way for two days until they calmed down. The doc says my brain is resetting. I'm curious to see what happens tomorrow night.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon