Congratulations to the Oregon Chapter!!!

Way to go! I am so excited for you all that are going to do this. Should be a pretty great event.

And of course, at the very least, you are going to be one of our volunteers, riiiiiiight??? :D :D :D

And of course, at the very least, you are going to be one of our volunteers, riiiiiiight??? :D :D :D
Not sure about that Jen, I told you I am not committing to this, not as a runner, not as an alternate, nor as a volunteer, nor as a cheerleader. I don't mean to sound like I am not supportive of this, because I am, but that is a huge commitment time-wise and my wifes birthday is around the same time as this takes place. I am poor too. Also at that time I may be a working man again instead of a student and there is no way for me to know the schedule for a job that I may or may not be doing. I will help out if I can, but I cannot commit 100% to that right now. My life is too up in the air for that.

Reactions: jldeleon
Not sure about that Jen, I told you I am not committing to this, not as a runner, not as an alternate, nor as a volunteer, nor as a cheerleader. I don't mean to sound like I am not supportive of this, because I am, but that is a huge commitment time-wise and my wifes birthday is around the same time as this takes place. I am poor too. Also at that time I may be a working man again instead of a student and there is no way for me to know the schedule for a job that I may or may not be doing. I will help out if I can, but I cannot commit 100% to that right now. My life is too up in the air for that.

At least come to the finish line Nick. I'd love to have a few brews with ya.

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW
That I can and will try to do, but like I said there's no guarantees this year. I really would like to. If I can I will also volunteer to help out, but at this time I just don't know what's going to be going on in my life that far out. If all my VA stuff get's settled before then, I may just stay in school to finish out some degree (still don't know what I want to do. Actually, that's kind of a lie, you have the right idea as a farmer. Nothing like working with your hands and outdoors.).

Sounds good Nick. I know how busy life can be at your age (and it is still very busy at my age. I better not flake on this race.) It does get easier after school. It was a big relief after I got my degree, but I still spent 8 years trying to decide what I wanted to do. I knew I couldn't be stuck at a desk or indoors so being a farmer was a good choice, I just have to accept that I will never make a lot of money. It's good incentive for my kids to do well in school.

Reactions: NickW and jldeleon
That I can and will try to do, but like I said there's no guarantees this year. I really would like to. If I can I will also volunteer to help out, but at this time I just don't know what's going to be going on in my life that far out. If all my VA stuff get's settled before then, I may just stay in school to finish out some degree (still don't know what I want to do. Actually, that's kind of a lie, you have the right idea as a farmer. Nothing like working with your hands and outdoors.).

We will just kidnap you, anyway. Screw your life! WE are more important! ;)

Good news. Time to start planning the trip. Do you have the official list of runners and alternates Jen?

Yep. I will be putting that up tomorrow at some point. Muah-ha-haaa!!! I am SO excited!!!

Actually, I need to recount one more time tomorrow, but I think there is one more spot open on the team... :)

Okay, don't forget your BRS tee shirts! Hee!

Congrats! I am glad you all got in. Now, represent us with all the class you are used to exhibiting in all your public outings!

Congrats, I will be rooting for you all, north of the border. Or if the wife will allow me to sneak away maybe I could come down and cheer you on. Hmm, she is going to San Diego in Feb, maybe I could make the west coast a trip in the fall. When is this anyway, got me thinking.

I believe it's August 23-24.

Hmmm, the Death Race in early August in Alberta, then a hop skip and a jump to Oregon. *Fingers lightly tapping together* this might just work.

Hmmm, the Death Race in early August in Alberta, then a hop skip and a jump to Oregon. *Fingers lightly tapping together* this might just work.

:) :) :) OH crap, you just reminded me, I should probably look into hotel reservations like...yesterday. I should just rent an entire hotel so that all you out-of-towners can party with us. :D

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
:) :) :) OH crap, you just reminded me, I should probably look into hotel reservations like...yesterday. I should just rent an entire hotel so that all you out-of-towners can party with us. :D

It ends at Seaside. Naked beer-drinking party on the beach afterwards. Of course. Oh, and there will be lots of twinkies.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon