Barefoot Runner's Roadmap

barefoot_DiagramSML.jpg

The latest roadmap of my barefoot running transition...

That's hysterical, Zap!  My

That's hysterical, Zap! My feet have never looked like this. What are you doing to those poor things?

Well, damn (and I mean thay

Well, damn (and I mean thay in the nicest way)...

I thought that Zap's feet were the way feet, that run barefoot, are supposed to look. Do you mean we're not supposed to have old blisters and spots where we dug stuff out of our feet?? ;-)

What happened to your hallux?

What happened to your hallux? It looks like you've been wearing a funnel over your foot. That's not due to running BF.

Nyah wrote:What happened to

Nyah said:
What happened to your hallux? It looks like you've been wearing a funnel over your foot. That's not due to running BF.

Nyah, what are you talking about? Granted, Zap's foot doesn't look like Zum's...but then my doesn't either. ;-) I don't see anything wrong with her big toe (aka hallux).

Nyah wrote:What happened to

Nyah said:
Hallux? Not sure.

You should see my other foot. Granted they don't feel as bad as they look. In fact, this looks much better than two weeks ago before I trimmed back my callouses on the middle toes. They were all black and nasty. I guess I have a tendency to "grip" with those two toes when my feet touch the ground.

Mine looked pretty bad

Mine looked pretty bad when I first started too, but they look nice and smooth now almost model material lol. That is even with my extensive trail running! ;)

Welcome, Gamer!

Welcome, Gamer!

After Tuesday's run, I

After Tuesday's run, I thought my feet had "arrived" - danced across the chip-seal with impunity. After Thursdays run, I felt like someone had taken a meat tenderizer to me. This is still an ever-changing world to me, at least!

TXT - That's exactly what

TXT - That's exactly what happened with me! I chalked it up to the freezing weather at first, but now I think its just me. I'm just pushing it on speed, doing longer distances and my form is still off a bit. Put those things together and VOILA - my beautiful roadmap. Hmmmm. The image would make a great series, though.

haha, me too! Bruno and I've

haha, me too! Bruno and I've talked about this spot before. Must be some super sensitive nerves right there because hitting little pebbles there sends me into "mother f*cker!" mode. Any other spot on my foot, no problem. I cracked up at your WTF spot too, seriously though, wtf up with that?
Definitely looks like you've got some toe gripping and extra traction/sliding going on. Focusing on lift rather than landing? Try running in place then lean forward to move your way forward, feet should strike and lift like that.

Maybe give pace a break for a bit and focus on distance? Then when you've got some good distance (which I think you already have) then try pace for a bit, instead of working on both at the same time.
GL, hope you get your form worked out. How does it feel when you're running?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts