barefoot/huarache

If you're willing to go with a shoe instead of sandals, SoftStar makes moccasins with just a 2mm sole: http://www.softstarshoes.com/moc3-runamoc.html. I only use them when it's really cold, so I haven't used them in quite a while, but as far as I can tell, my form remains the same when I use them.
I agree with Bare Lee. The sole of the Moc3s is not solid Vibram sole, although there is thin leather everywhere. The Vibram sole that is there is quite thin. I feel gravel and rough patches when I am where these. Lots of toe room and flexibility. Love them!

Reactions: Bare Lee
Just think how long they'll last you!
My daughter has worn them for a year's worth of daily practices with the high school track team and cross country team, which included lots of summer miles. They are just starting to get some holes. This seems at least as good as the rate I've seen my husband go through more standard running shoes. I have gotten excellent customer service from the elves, too.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Ok, I just watched their video and looked at these and I just may have been talked into purchasing these. That 2mm sole is huge in swaying me, despite the ugly ugly ugly looks and the higher price.
Ugly? I think I am reasonably fashionable, and all these are is basic black moccasins. Basic black is in.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Ugly? I think I am reasonably fashionable, and all these are is basic black moccasins. Basic black is in.
My wife is a fashion maven. She likes the Moc3s, but thinks the RunAmocs look silly. She even thinks the Moc3s make a better casual minimalist shoe than the Patagonia Advocates I got. The Advocates also have excellent groundfeel, but are tighter fitting and don't breath very well. If I get another casual minimalist shoe, it'll probably be one of Vivobarefoot's, like the Dharma or something.

Reactions: happysongbird
Um, not a whole lot of plans. Maybe try a run this morning, see how the knee reacts (should be fine, ran around with my son last night and didn't have any issues), and then I think my wife and I are going to Famous Daves for dinner, so I may go hog wild on some ribs and beer. My wife is very excited to give me my birthday present tonight (get your head out of the gutter) but she wanted to be home for me to open it, she usually just leaves it in the kitchen for when I get up in the morning (she works at 6am). I think it's game tickets for one of the Hawks games, but trying really really really hard not to get my hopes up for that. I will have an actual b-day party with the inlaws on Sunday, so looking forward to that too. We will be having mazzetti for dinner along with my favorite cherry cream cheese pie for dessert.

what i like about sandals, if i have to wear them, is my feet don't get hot. How do people find the Soft Star/Run Amocs for hot feet?

what i like about sandals, if i have to wear them, is my feet don't get hot. How do people find the Soft Star/Run Amocs for hot feet?
I can't say, as I've only used them in cold weather. Like you, I get hot foot, which is one of the two reasons I became a casual barefooter many years ago. I can say that on the other end of temps, with hot feet, you should be good down to around 0 F / -18 with the Moc3s if you're moving, maybe lower. We had a really mild winter last year so I don't know exactly what their range is, but on the handful of times I used them they were always warm enough. I think I wore the smart wool socks once or twice though.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7