B.P.R.

NO talking about the weather on my thread!!! Hijack it ANY other way you want - but, NO WEATHER TALK!!! :mad::mad::mad:

New memes for a Hallmark(TM) holiday season:

Love without freedom is no love at all.
If you love your thread,
set it free,
if it comes back to you,
it is yours,
if it doesn't,
it never was.

A thread left unhijacked
is not worth reading.

I'm just lovin this new weather thread, btw.

It's cold, in the low thirties, and raining steadily, supposed to turn to ice/snow later. I won't splash in those puddles.
How's the weather today in your area?

Reactions: Bare Lee and Sid
I'm just lovin this new weather thread, btw...How's the weather today in your area?
Glad you asked! At the beginning of my run today, the temperature was 69F, dew point 67F, with 93% relative humidity, barometic pressure was 30.08in, with visibility of 10mi, wind was 0mph, and overcast. Although, by the end of the run, whew!, the temperature was 72F, dew point 66F, with 83% relative humidity, barometic pressure was 30.11in, with visibility of 10mi, wind was S at 6mph, with broken clouds.

It was getting warm, and I was a bit thirsty. For some reason, I started getting this hankering for some Pasta Milano from Macaroni Grill, so I think I'm going to get some now. (Hey, it's okay to take about food in this thread too right? I mean we're already talking about the weather!)

I was going to try some BPR today, but I was foiled by gravel. Who the heck is dumping all this gravel in the middle of the woods?!

We're getting pelted by snow. 7-8 inches I think and it's still coming down strong. Winter wonderland, but the visual delight is no friend of barefooters. Might have to run shod for the first time since last winter on Tuesday's run, but hopefully the streets and sidewalks will be cleared by then, and the people will show restraint with their saltings.

Made our first snowman. The best thing about having kids is you get to re-experience your own childhood vicariously. Then by the time they're having kids, I'll get to re-experience my childhood for a third and final time, this time unwillingly in my helplessness and declining functionality. The circle of life and the change of seasons. Beautifully pointless.

Reactions: scedastic and Sid
We're getting pelted by snow. 7-8 inches I think and it's still coming down strong. Winter wonderland, but the visual delight is no friend of barefooters. Might have to run shod for the first time since last winter on Tuesday's run, but hopefully the streets and sidewalks will be cleared by then, and the people will show restraint with their saltings.

Made our first snowman. The best thing about having kids is you get to re-experience your own childhood vicariously. Then by the time they're having kids, I'll get to re-experience my childhood for a third and final time, this time unwillingly in my helplessness and declining functionality. The circle of life and the change of seasons. Beautifully pointless.

Having been a midwesterner (born in Chicago) all my life, I refused to start liking cold weather/winter.
Since having kids and being bf/minimal, I have decided to adapt--------lo and behold, I'm loving it, for the most part (ice pellets are still a downer).

Anyone else thinking about weather lately? Jen???

Reactions: Sid
splashed cold puddles tonight! I'll call them IPR---inadvertent puddle running. It was wet and dark and only about 33-34 degrees F, so I would have avoided them if I could, but there they were and wet were my feet. In my sandals and socks, so I'm not sure that counts as puddle running, since i wasn't bf?

Reactions: Sid
...but there they were and wet were my feet. In my sandals and socks, so I'm not sure that counts as puddle running, since i wasn't bf?
I think technically, that would be S.S.A.S.P.S. (Soggy socks and sandals puddle splashing). Though, it's the spirit that counts. Did you splash through them with the aplomb and bravado of BPR?

I think technically, that would be S.S.A.S.P.S. (Soggy socks and sandals puddle splashing). Though, it's the spirit that counts. Did you splash through them with the aplomb and bravado of BPR?
Why, yes, you might say that. By the time the splashing got going my feet were well warmed up, so the shocking cold felt kinda nice, in fact, and never expected. We embraced, the puddles and I.
We've got a lot of purists in this world that would definitely argue about "it's the spirit that counts" though

I was going to try some BPR today, but I was foiled by gravel. Who the heck is dumping all this gravel in the middle of the woods?!

Get a couple of "imaginary" push-brooms and hide them along the trail and then "accidentally" push the gravel away...

Reactions: scedastic

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7