1st BF Half-Marathon...DONE!

Photo my brother took nearing the finish line. Thom finishing strong (he did beat me).

The woman in front looks like she's running backwards, lol

CONGRATS, Thom! You and Rick look fantastic! Love the BRS tee shirt, Rick! I'll want to share that RR on the home page too!

Congratulations on your finish and PR Thom. What a great race, one of my favorites. So much fun to run with a fellow BRS member.

If I hadn't known beforehand, I would have never guessed this was your first BF half. You ran effortless and had a great time.

Have to admit, a little jealous of the attention you received with the toenails. Good call.:)

Photo my brother took nearing the finish line. Thom finishing strong (he did beat me).

Nope, I didn't beat you, Rick. Check the official race time: you crossed the starting mat a couple of seconds ahead of me, and I crossed the finish mat a couple of seconds before you, and we ended up with exactly the same time!

As for the nail polish...dude, go weird or go home! :)

Here's Rick and I coming in to the finish. Technically, yes, I came in ahead of him, but our time was exactly the same. I just wish I'd known that he was there, because I would have been thrilled to cross the finish alongside him. I think I was in another reality altogether at that point.

If I beat anything during this race, it was my irrational fear. Hope it stays down on the mat from here on out.

finish_thumb.jpg

How could you not have seen him? He was practically two steps behind you throughout the entire race, it looks like! Ha!

How could you not have seen him? He was practically two steps behind you throughout the entire race, it looks like! Ha!

TJ, if he'd been wearing SHOES I might have heard that he was so close behind me. Those damn silent barefoot runners can be so sneaky sometimes :)

Thom was in the zone, this was his race. Didn't want to stalk and bug him the whole time. We did start together and ran about the first 3 miles near each other before I had to make a pit stop and I also stopped again to look at the ocean. Caught him right after the turn around but only talked a few times. We were picking our own routes. Several sections of rough road on the course made it challenging. It was great to hear the comments when I was trailing Thom by about 10 yards. I could hear the spectator's comments and then they turned and saw me. Kind of shocking to them. Need to scroll through the "lines for the back of my shirt" to see if we can come up with some new ones.

Also, there was at least one other barefoot runner in the race. I heard one of the volunteers at an aid station say "There's the second one I've seen" as Thom passed. My son also saw the barefoot guy coming into the finish line. A couple from the East coast were there in sandals. They said they would check into the BRS.

Very cool. The announcer was like, what? huh? what? huh? what? huh?

Damn barefoot runners and their "silent treatment." Yes, that's a new line for the back of our tee shirts: I'm giving you the silent treatment! Ha! That's right! I came up with that just now. That's how smoooooth I am. Heeeeee. And no, Thom gets no credit.

Damn barefoot runners and their "silent treatment." Yes, that's a new line for the back of our tee shirts: I'm giving you the silent treatment! Ha! That's right! I came up with that just now. That's how smoooooth I am. Heeeeee. And no, Thom gets no credit.

See...not only are barefoot runners silent and sneaky, they also have a touch of larceny in their hearts ;)

And I was a bit like happysongbird...I didn't want to misrepresent the BRS for my first half-mary by wearing a its t-shirt and then crashing and burning. Besides, I didn't have any polish that matched the logo colors. Maybe next time....

Still looking for my report Thom and Rick. :)

Long is good. Let me know, and I will share it on the home page too. Thanks!