1st BF Half-Marathon...DONE!

Well, it's about damn time! Hee!

Shoot Thom, I thought you said that was a long report? It was perfect and you have a way with writing that kept it entertaining to read. Glad to hear you did so well man. I'm actually envious of you. You seem to be transitioning so fast.

TD, I know, having read it in another of your threads. I think I have one lurking over the horizon for me. I'm 56 and last had one at 50. Oye!

You know, JT, it wasn't a big deal at all. Truly. I heard that the prep was the worst part, but I had a secret weapon: I am not unfamiliar with fasting, so a little 36-hour fast was a breeze. Second of all, maintaining a vegan diet keeps me a pretty "regular" guy. So, where the doctor's instructions indicated that the magic would start to happen within a couple of hours after taking the doses of stuff, it didn't for me for nearly 9 hours, and then, nothing much to speak of.

Finally, the "chemical vacation" that you get to take during the actual procedure is, how shall I say, glorious!? Well worth any inconvenience.

My point is that it's nothing to be avoided, and at our age, a pretty important thing to do. I'm not big on our medical system in general, but I would recommend this test for those of us in the target age group. The great thing is that if you do it once, barring finding anything really suspicious, you are usually good to go for the next ten years. So, have at it -- enjoy the meds!