Tendinitis recovery?

How long do you typically need to rest to allow tendinitis to heal? I fell victim to the TMTS mindset and the tendons on the inside of my ankles let me know they weren't happy about it. I laid off running for about a month, and then started easy running for short distances while wearing my 'normal' running shoes (Concentrating on good form- forefoot landing under my body etc). I could feel my tendons getting sore, but not bad at all. Yesterday I took a short run around the block barefoot and I can really feel it flaring up again.

I've also been doing some basic exercises trying to strengthen my ankle muscles and tendons.

I was hoping to get in the habit of running more regularly again before I get my pair of invisible shoes that I won on here. I'm excited to try them out, but don't want to be held back by injury. Any suggestions?

When did you win those? You haven't gotten them yet?

You might want to post in the Ask the Docs forum too.

You emailed me on April 7th, and I sent an email with my foot outline, etc, to Stephen on April 9th. I haven't heard anything back from him. I was starting to wonder if I should send a follow-up email to see what's up.

I'll take care of it. You will be hearing from him soon. Sorry about that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon