Shoes with wide toebox

Hi all,

I am looking for a pair of shoes for every day use. I always run barefoot but need shoes for occations were shoes are social appropriate. I have been looking at minimalist shoes (and reading reviews here and elsewhere) and found some candidates. But I always find myself lacking information on the toebox widesness. Anyone have anysuggestions to shoes with wide toeboxes?

I myself have looked at the Vivobarefoot Ra (they look nice) but the Neo trails I have tried on had a wide toebox but it still bend our big-toe inwards. I have also looked at Sole and Softstars. But they are more unconventional looking. I think though they are soft enough to allow the toes to spread freely. But I cannot try them on anywhere near me (Denmark) so it is a bit hard to spend that much money on them. The only shoes I have tried on with a perfect toebox is Jacoform http://my.opera.com/troels/albums/showpic.dml?album=419068&picture=5890352#bigimg but they are not really minimalistic.

Thanks in advance.

A visual way to determine if

A visual way to determine if a shoe's toebox is relevantly wide is to draw an imaginary line from where the side of the big toe is to where the side of the heel is, then see if the side of the ball-of-foot intersects it. The farther the ball-of-foot is over the line, the more likely it is that the shoe will crunch your toes together and rely on conventional shoe fit.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon