run / bike

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
For those that do the combo, in which order do you do it? Probably doesn't matter but I'm curious.

There are some trails around here I'd like to be able to do but they would be an out and back since they are not a loop. And I'm not up to the whole distance. But I've been debating stashing my bike down the path as far as I think I'll run so that I can cover more of the trail running, then bike back. No hills so I figure the biking might be easier and better for the return.

I'm just realizing now how close a couple trails come... not that I can do the combined mileage now but maybe someday, at least on bike. I'm just a few miles away from the Heart of Ohio Trail which they just paved 75% of it within the last year. It ends in the city but 2miles of city roads and youd be onto the Kokosing Gap trail. The two combined is ~ 30 miles, about 5 more if I start from my house. I really need to get a road bike...

I do my running early in the morning, then I bike later in the morning. A few times I have biked out to a place, ran, and then biked back. Those times they were a nice break from the bike. So I think it depends on how far you plan on going. I think running first and then biking would be the best, especially since you can coast and cool down on the bike after a hard run.

Reactions: Tristan-OH
If I can ever fix my flat tires on my bike, I would like to bike to the hill I like to do repeats on and then bike back after. Right now if I run to the hill up it once and then run home, it's a little too much for the feet. Thanks for the bike idea, much better than driving a 4-wheeler or truck to the hill and the bike would be a nice warm up.

Reactions: Tristan-OH

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon