Rules for Membership at the BRS

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
RULES FOR MEMBERSHIP AT THE BRS

It's very simple, really. Be nice! Be cordial and respectful to others, even if they don't share your same point of view. If you don't have the same ideals and desire for supporting barefoot and minimalist running in the most healthy and positive light, then you do not need to be here. If you have nothing but negativity to contribute, go elsewhere.

Sincerely, The Management of the BRS

Haha

Haha ;)

What happened? Did some shod

What happened? Did some shod runner get in here trying to sell shoes haha! I agree peaceful is the best way to be! I am a barefoot runner, and a barefooter by choice. I love the barefoot lifestyle and most people don't like it because of FEAR of what others may THINK or SAY to them in public. But I don't hold that against anyone, even though people try to make me wear shoes. To each their own thing. I am not a barefoot pusher and I don't want anyone to be a shoe pusher on me either! If everyone stuck to what they like and did that without imposing it on someone else then there would be no conflict of interest. As boring as that may sound it is easy haha!

I keep having the experience

I keep having the experience that my posts get deletedpresumably for infractions of the rule. If I am doing something wrong, please let me know what it is!

I have no idea what you are

I have no idea what you are talking about, J. No one I know of is deleting your posts. The admins, mods, and I have rules we follow, and those rules include notifying me when a post is deleted. No one has notified me of any deleted posts.

Are your comments that outrageous? I don't think so.

That makes me feel much

That makes me feel much better, TJ. I posted about an exchange I had with Merrell reps about the BF division in the Mud Run and that disappeared, and one other. Phew, I was feeling really awful that I had offended people. I did pick on Khyricat awhile back and she was very gracious and none of that was deleted. Must have just been a glitch.

I missed that exchange

I missed that exchange between you and Cat.

I remember reading about your exchange with the Merrell reps, so where could the post have gone? How long did it stay up after you posted it? If you have new news, I would like to hear more about your exchange with the Merrell reps, since as you know, I have my opinions on the matter too.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I missed

Barefoot TJ said:
I missed that exchange between you and Cat.

I remember reading about your exchange with the Merrell reps, so where could the post have gone? How long did it stay up after you posted it? If you have new news, I would like to hear more about your exchange with the Merrell reps, since as you know, I have my opinions on the matter too.

I harrassed them on Facebook, too (commented on their post about a Barefoot division). Has anybody been in touch recently?

Did they respond to your post

Did they respond to your post on Facebook? What did they say? Did you tell them that other mud runs, extreme running events, accept barefoot runners? (Of which: Warrior Dash-I think they didn't last year, but they do this year saying "Footwear is highly recommended"; Spartan Race-considering a Barefoot Runner Division; The Original Mud Run-barefoot okay in DGAP division-"no requirements for attire" (competitive division requires Army boots).

I talked to Jason about this, since he will be representing Merrell on his tour beginning next month, and he says it's not Merrell who chose the division name but a sports management company. I'm sure we haven't heard the last on this matter. ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:Did they

Barefoot TJ said:
Did they respond to your post on Facebook? What did they say? Did you tell them that other mud runs, extreme running events, accept barefoot runners? (Of which: Warrior Dash-I think they didn't last year, but they do this year saying "Footwear is highly recommended"; Spartan Race-considering a Barefoot Runner Division; The Original Mud Run-barefoot okay in DGAP division-"no requirements for attire" (competitive division requires Army boots).

I talked to Jason about this, since he will be representing Merrell on his tour beginning next month, and he says it's not Merrell who chose the division name but a sports management company. I'm sure we haven't heard the last on this matter. ;-)

It's funny -- the Mud Run reps blamed Merrell. I have to admit I thought my post got yanked because Jason is a Merrell rep and I was criticizing Merrell. I did mention the Warrior Dash. I didn't pursue it, because I thought my post was yanked here and I didn't want to step on toes, but maybe we could get the name of the Sports Management company?

It would be nice to know the

It would be nice to know the name, yes. Regardless of who says what, I still think Merrell has a lot to do with the race division's name. They may not have thought as far as banning barefoot runners at the time they went with it though; that may be what the RDs came up with on their own.

I think we should all sign a petition asking them to rename the division or allow barefoot runners to take part. Anyone want to head this up?

And, I think we should show up in droves at these events and run them barefoot anyway. What are they going to do? Tackle us on the course? Getting disqualified after finishing shows the joke is on them. Anyone want to head this up?

Of course the BRS's resources are at your disposal. I will help out however I can; in fact, I would take the lead on this if I had some free time.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon