Resource Sticky idea and question on starting Nude Footing it...

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
Sticky idea:

I'm a Ford Mustang guy and, as such, I've lurked on many a chat forum and I have a sugestion based on something we do on car forums. Could we come up with a "resource sticky"? I think a couple that list things like quality reference material like books on getting started BFR, links to footage and clips of proper technique, drills, stretches, taking care of injuries that will occur and what to do, etc. geared towards the barefoot runner.

Maybe in the footwear forum something similar with what are the top minimallist shoes, socks, "must have" gear, reviews, etc. right at the top for easy access.

I suggest this cause I LOVED "Born to Run" and, though not a BFR flick "Running the Sahara", but I thirst for more! The choices on which BFR book is good, which author knows his stuff and which one is a collection of stories and not really educational are vast and a mystery to me. Maybe, being new to the site, I'm just not looking in the right place. Having one right here would make it easy to find, though.

Nakedness from the knee down:

I was going to order KenBob's book today, since I've aclimated pretty well to the VFFs, took a mile and a half barefoot walk/jogg with the family last week and I want to start taking some feet-streak runs, but I'm unsure how to go about it. I tried running on the treadmill barefoot a few weeks ago. I thought, hey...won't find glass or thorns there! I did, however, manager to find 3 blisters in only a mile! LOL!! Needless to say, I put my BFFs on for the last half. When I got home, I made a tiny hole at the edge of each one, drained them and newskinned them to death. Seemed to work pretty well.

I'm thinking I should run with my VFFs in my hands and when I begin to think I might maybe be starting to feel a little raw, put them on and work up to a full 5K, that way. Am I on the right track??

Suggestions for method, frequency, topical lotions, foot care, reading material, etc would be very much appreciated!!!

I love love LOVE this site!!!

Thanks, in advance for any feedback!

-Jonny

Check the library button at

Check the library button at the top of the page, homes! ;)

"Library"!!!  Yes!!!  From

"Library"!!! Yes!!! From the Latin meaning: Look around before you open your mouth, Newb!! Love it! Thanks, Smelph! I'm horrible about reading my new guy orientation packet!!

-Jonny

Stomper (Librarian) and I are

Stomper (Librarian) and I are deciding if we will create a Book Reviews section at the moment, to go along with the book reviews we will be putting on the site, I think starting tonight.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts