Pain under first metatarsal head

I'm not sure if this should be under the health, nutrition, injuries and medical condition forum or the ask the docs forum so I'm placing it here. I have had this problem for quite some time now where on my left foot the first metataral head is pointy on the bottom, you can litterally feel the difference between the left foot and right foot. Anyhow, I've always worn a hole, which I assumed was form related directly under that spot. I had three weeks off due to PF and AT so that hole healed up completely. I've been running for two weeks again now and my skin on my feet has finally toughened up. Now the met head on that left foot is wearing a hole, from the inside out. I tried to take pictures as you can see from an angle the damage that is being done. This doesn't happen if I'm in huaraches which leads me to believe that that foot may need some padding in order for this to not happen. Does anyone have any other suggestions for what I can do? It's really quite painful and I don't know what else I can do to keep this from happening. Thanks!

Sesmoid bone out of proper

Sesmoid bone out of proper alignment? Can you try a toe pad, like Dr. Burt decribes in the last few posts in the Fellowship of the Morton's Toe thread? Nyal runs with his barefoot. Have we talked about this before?

In the past TJ I just thought

In the past TJ I just thought it was a form issue and I know I brought it up in passing, but since my foot had all that time to heel while I was off running, I really got to see how that bone or whatever was actually wearing down the skin, from the inside out. The outside skin is still intact right now but it hurts something fierce to walk on concrete or any other hard surface barefoot. My long run for the week is going to have to be in my huaraches. I will look into that pad thing and see if that will work for me. Thanks TJ.