Out of 55,090 runners at the July 4th 42nd Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, how many were barefoot or

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Out of 55,090 runners at the July 4th 42nd Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, how many were barefoot or in minimalist footwear? I have no idea, but what I do know is that I only saw myself and Terry (Mokaman) running barefoot and heard of a barefoot runner running in the seeded group ahead of my friend who couldn't catch him, who is also a seeded runner. And Barefoot Tyler ran it barefoot too...in 49:41 no less! (Great job, Tyler!) So that makes four known barefoot runners. I am so sure there were more. Now how many were in minimalist footwear? Well, hanging out outside of my corral waiting for Terry before the race, I counted and chased down to hand out the BRS card to at least 20 minimalist runners: All were wearing VFFs except one was in Neos, one was in Evos, one was in Minumus, and one was wearing Ted's Lunas. Ha! So, if I saw that many cruising by my corral or getting into my corral, how many were in total at the race? A whole bunch more! Last year, I could count the number of VFF runners on all my fingers; this year, I could not. We're making progress!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7