Our lonely road...a little less lonely, bit by bit.

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
My wife and I ran the Too Hot to Handle 5K at White Rock Lake in Dallas TX this morning.

We did a liesurly chugging pace starting from waaaaaaay in the back and it was a down and back course with the 15k foks splitting off about a half mile in, so I didn't see all the folks running the 15k, but got to check out the people in the 5K coming or going...I did not see any other Barefooters.

I DID see 15 + Vibram runners and lots of folks in minimalist shoes, which is way up from just me and one other guy in my first 5k back in May. Maybe if we had a booth or something to represent, we could nudge some of the VFF runners into giving it a try...

I did not get heckled, but had several people cheer me and my naked feet on with words of encouragement! My wife and I had special shirts cause today is our 1yr wedding anniversary. One person said, "Hey, it's a barefoot runner and his almost barefoot bride(she wears VFFs)! Alright!" and I got a, "You go, Barefoot-Man! That's how you do it!"

After, we met up with Sam for a Texas chapter run in Plano...no one else showed up, but we'll keep at it.

-Jonny

way to go Homes!

way to go Homes!

Congrats, Jonny!  Sounds like

Congrats, Jonny! Sounds like a great race and a fun day! And three people to a meetup is great! I guess you added that to the calendar?

stomper wrote:congrats on

stomper said:
congrats on making it a year. now she knows what a freak you are i suppose?? :)

I never hid it! If it took her till now to figure it out, it's on her! Haha!! Let your Freak-Flag fly!!

-Jonny

You broke your foot, Jimmy? 

You broke your foot, Jimmy? I guess I missed that somewhere.

Stress fracture is what

Stress fracture is what they're going with. The thought is that my speed ability was increasing faster than my body was ready for so something had to give. My back story involves formerly having the ability to run pretty fast but a knee injury ended my career. Over the last few years, after an 8-9 year period of no running at all, I've been able to enjoy running again and this year noticed that I was starting to get faster so I implemented a performance improvement plan instead of the basic "run to finish" plans I had been using. Going from running 9-10 minute miles and having fun to pushing out 5-6 minute miles along with track repeats that were starting to resemble some of my previous abilites was too much and I broke down.

Okay, here goes.  Were you

Okay, here goes. Were you barefoot?

Well that bites.  Speedy

Well that bites. Speedy healing to you!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7