New minimalist shoes from Mizuno

Jope

Barefooters
Jul 21, 2011
Hi,

I just stumbled across an article about the ISPO (international sporting good trade show) in Germany. They have pictures of a new minimalist shoe from Mizuno, called "Be" (coming fall/winter 2012?):

mizuno_be_modelle.jpg

mizuno_be_schaft.jpg

mizuno_be_sohle.jpg

The article is here (in German): http://www.laufschuhkauf.de/2012/02/laufschuh-messe-neuheiten-fuer-hw-2012/

They copied everything that's

They copied everything that's bad about the Merrells.

Nyah wrote:They copied

Nyah said:

How do ya figure?

I think they look pretty fantastic... but the toe box, just at a glance, might be on the narrow side. Of course, it's impossible to tell that just by looking. I've been a Mizuno fan for a while. All their gear is functional and looks darn sharp! Must be that Japanese "no-frills" functional sensibility.

Here's hoping these don't suck.

chadisbarefoot wrote:Nyah

chadisbarefoot said:
Nyah said:

How do ya figure?

Just at a glance, I notice two things. First, the big toe gets pushed toward its neighbors. Second, the sole gets narrow at the midfoot. The Merrells are shaped virtually identical in these areas. The bare foot is shaped differently (as can be seen in the logo at the top of this page, if anyone needs a reminder of what a healthy bare foot print looks like). If a company professes to be a minimalist shoe maker, it should make an effort to avoid putting influences on the foot.

I don't know..the blue on the

I don't know..the blue on the sole looks like a "wear rubber", but the orange appears to be part of the sole (like in the minimus zeros) and cuts a broader foot profile. It is hard to judge from pictures at odd angles like these, but I'll give them the benefot of the doubt until I see it in person.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7