Neo or mt20?

Sean

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2011
I'm looking at the neo airmesh and mt20. I currently run completely bf or in run amocs. I will mostly be running on the road. Both shoes are the same price. My primary issue is that I can't try the neo on and have tried the mt20 (I liked it but didn't run in it). I don't like the mt20s drop, though I suppose it isn't terrible. ANy suggestions for the indecisive?

I think both shoes have their

I think both shoes have their pros and cons. I personally like the fit of the Neo better as it's not as tight on my foot width wise as the MT20 is. I was actually shocked out how tight the MT20 is and how much it cramps my toes and midfoot. Neither are very good with the width but the Neo is just a touch wider imho. The Neos are zero drop which I like as well and they are a very comfy shoe for walking around. There is decent ground feel in them but the sole material feels almost, squishy underfoot. The MT20 has much less ground feel and feels pretty padded. The MT20 is a trail shoe and I think you may not want that for road running since you said you typically run barefoot. I might also recommend the Altra Adams which are good for road running. They are wider in the toebox and midfoot and are thin like a VFF as well. I really like these myself over the two you mentioned. Good luck!

By all reports, wait another

By all reports, wait another month or so for the mt00. better fit (i've heard/read) and zero drop.

plus it'll be lighter than either the mt20 or neo.