Montrealer heads for Argentina on 2-year barefoot run

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Montrealer heads for Argentina on 2-year barefoot run
CBC.ca
The Concordia University student began training in earnest for his marathon run last summer by running without shoes or socks on a treadmill, then went running on pavement and even in snow. He left Montreal today wearing running huaraches, footwear ...

From Pole to Pole: the journey of a 'Chexican' barefoot runner
CNN
Kai-Tsu's strategy is to run about 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) or two-and-a-half hours -- whichever comes first -- twice a day. He will run barefoot because "no one has else done it," it's cheaper and he won't have to carry lots of pairs of running ...

I didn't see any running route for the first guy there running to Argentina...I wonder if he is going thru Georgia here somewhere?

French runner Jamel Balhi ran from Alaska to Ushuaia (with shoes however) all on his own (i.e. without support team) and wrote a book about it. There was a part of the Trans America route (in Panama, if I remember correctly) he couldn't do and had to use a boat instead to enter Colombia. 60-80 kilometers every day, living mainly on instant soups and a certain brown colored soft drink...
My best wishes for Kai-Tsu's run!:)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon