Mileage Reporting week 18 of 2016

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
My 'recovery' run came a bit late... first run was today since race Saturday. Definitely pushed hard at that race and paid for it for a few days. Had to take 2 off. Today, after some stretching and rolling I hit the trail for a walk, and after about a mile and a half and felt like I was walking normal again I decided for an easy ~12 min pace jog for about 2.5 miles. Felt nice not to be hobbling around anymore. Still a little tight, will take it easy for a few more days at least.

extra nice 5 mile run Tuesday at 4:45 am, cool temps.
The moon was very large in the east sky but just a sliver.
I saw rabbits and heard 1 owl.

Two 6 mile runs so far this week have gone well. Mostly I have been careful not to do fast squatting type motions and the knee seems to be healing. In fact, it seems to feel best when I am regularly moving. Will play the planned longer run by ear on Friday.

Now that the new house is just about sorted I've been able to run a little more. 11.5 gentle barefoot miles on Tuesday (more than I've done barefoot in the last 3 months combined) followed by 5 in my Leadville pacers yesterday. Nothing today. I hope to do a few more Friday and Saturday.

First Rest day since starting my training regimen... accidentally ran about a mile on monday because parking in the city is free at a few places that are remote relative to most of downtown. And I was really hungry. XD Ran my two 3 mile runs far too fast for my own good, which I realize now is a problem I've always had. Was going about 7.20 pace, which is what we used to do in varsity cross country practice on middle distance runs. the 4 miler I did yesterday was much slower. About 8.00 min pace average. My legs were completely dead at work. So... good job on maxing out? yay~~~ seriously though I'm bored out of my mind and I want to run more already. :barefoot:

Tomorrow, a 3 miler, and then on sunday I'll taper off with some long hills that add up to 2 miles.

I've had three barefoot runs this week so far for a total 14.6 km, averaging around 6:30 min/km each. Geez, these days I'm getting slower :/
Maybe you are just relaxing into your running more. Might be good for you!

Reactions: Tristan and KTR
Friday, I ran 10.7 miles, then felt like it was in my best interest to stop. Then, this morning, I was able to run an easy 7.9 miles (in my Luna's this time). That makes 18.6 miles in two days which a nice accomplishment for me! And 30.8 miles for the week. :)

Couple of nice short runs for me this week -3.5km on Thursday morning & 4km this morning. Both in bright early morning sunshine -it almost seems like Summer has arrived!
Lots more wildlife around too now. Ran past a family of geese with a large number of goslings and some clearly very proud and protective parents -they definitely have a certain way of staring at you when you run by...
Body still feeling good too (always a bonus!):)...

Today did a short long run, 10 miles easy pace. Yesterday 6.9 miles easy pace. Combined with my 3.8 Tuesday that is 20.7 miles. All at no faster than 9 1/2 minute pace, still recovering from the race. Feel pretty good now and next week I'll build the speed back up.

Also did a bike ride today, 32 miles. Maybe longest of the year so far... got to get my cycling mileage back up too since I have a really big trip planned.

Also did stairs at work on the nightshifts this week, and broke 2,000 floors YTD (2065 floors up, 2480 down).