Me in the Newnan Times Herald

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
http://www.times-herald.com/sports/Feet-don-t-fail-me-now-----Sharpsburg-runner-bares-her-soles-on-Peachtree-without-shoes--1736404#commentsBlock I posted a comment, which is waiting approval to be posted, but I basically said, "Thanks for the wonderful article. Some corrections please. I have not run a marathon yet. My longest barefoot race was 25K; I do not avoid the cold. I have conditioned my feet to run in 27 degrees when the ground is dry; There was only one cortisone shot that went through my foot and cryosurgery also failed me; Contrary to belief, I do NOT have callused feet. There were some other weird things in this article, maybe words not in the order in which I spoke them and stuff like that, but I think he made the point. What is nice about this article is there are no "scary podiatrist" comments! Yeah! The reporter may not have listend to me very well, but he got the message right! That's what matters.

TJ - I'm glad the

TJ -

I'm glad the reporter got most of it right. But then there's this one-sentence paragraph:

"Her research into footless running, both through the establishment of the Barefoot Runner's Society, and meeting and hearing countless stories of similarly affected runners online. ""

Besides not being a complete sentence - footless running?!! Wow, TJ, you've really taken it to the extreme... :)

Jim

I know, I know.  This article

I know, I know. This article had all kinds of crazy mistakes in it. I don't want to say anything bad about the reporter, since he was a real nice guy and very receptive to the positives and didn't harp on the supposed negatives, BUT...

My hubby was pushing both boys in the double-jogger (as I told the reporter several times, since he kept asking like he lost his train of thought), but he printed that my husband was pushing only one. Not an important detail, and I won't nitpick the other minor mistakes not mentioned below, but it just demonstrates how personally flawed this article really is.

* I have not run a marathon yet. My longest barefoot race was 25K; (I don't take credit for what I have not YET achieved.)* I do not avoid the cold. I have conditioned my feet to run in 27 degrees when the ground is dry;* There was only one cortisone shot that went through my foot; and cryosurgery on all four neuromas failed as well.* I have been running for 7 years, almost 3 of that barefoot; and* Contrary to belief, I do NOT have callused feet. ;-)

I half expected to see a BFRs

I half expected to see a BFRs swoosh temp tattoo on your calf, TJ! Well, if I'm being honest, I'd more expect a perm tattoo in plane sight! ;o)

Lack of spit-pollish on the article asside, you gotta love a win!

-Jonny

I don't do tattoos.  I'd be

I don't do tattoos. I'd be afraid I'd wake up the next morning going WTH did I do to myself?! Ha! I think if I was born after the 80s I might have, especially if I hung out with the kind of people I used to hang out with, and we won't go there. It seems to be the thing to do these days. Although, my brother has tattoos from his neck and face down to his toes, and he's older than me, but that's another story.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7