LiveStrong.com interviews our own Bob "Barefooting Bob" Nicol -- Take off your shoes and run!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Good article, I just wish

Good article, I just wish that media types would acknowledge that we barefooters also admit we can get injured easier if we A. don't listen to our bodies or B.do TMTS or C. don't watch where we are running. I think both sides of the barefoot argument could be much closer if the media wouldn't make it seem like there is such a huge gap in both sides thinking. I think this only serves to create more tension.

It was really only a small portion that I take issue with. This is one of the better articles I've seen although it almost seemed like the article was trying to discredit barefoot running right near the end by stating "many medical professionals are unconvivced of it's benefits - and are concerned over the potential risk."

Oh well, good for you Bob for looking good in this article. Glad they didn't make you out like some weirdo or something.
wink.png

Thanks Nick. I have never

Thanks Nick. I have never been called a weirdo, but I have been told I am a bit off centre! ;-)

That's my good Canadian

That's my good Canadian upbringing, eh. If you don't spell right, you got a yardstick ( or a 3 foot stick) across the knuckles. Needless to say I learned over time and my missing knuckle is proof of it. :bigsmile: