Hooray for Chia!!

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
I usually drink 1-4 of those little Batman utility belt bottles of water when I run, and I usually run 5-10k at night or early morning in the dark. In fact, I ran the night race last month without water and I was crazy thirsty by mile 1! Today, I tried 3tbsp of chia seeds downed with water, gatoraid and juice about 30min before my 7:30am race today. I passed up the first water station after mile 1 with an "eh...I'm good" and only grabbed a water at the 2.5 mile to pour on my overheating wife. (Downside of being a "Ginger" I guess.) It was mid 80s and I did sweat, but I never really got thirsty. A fruit juice and a big gatoraid after the race, and I was good to go. I think Chia and me are going to be fast friends!

Next time I will get water, but this little experiment was a great success! Felt fantastic the whole run!

-Jonny

I'm a fan of chia too. I

I'm a fan of chia too. I learned the fun way that it can be over done. Left me a bit bloated. :D

Can cause stomach cramps and

Can cause stomach cramps and unexpected poops for some people. :shy:

OMG.. these comments are

OMG.. these comments are totally reminding me of a Saturday Night Live fake commercial for a certain "high fibre cereal"... video of which can be found on hulu actually LINK

Warning. May cause abdominal distention. Consult a physician. :sick: :lol:

John T.

I've only noticed the cramps

I've only noticed the cramps if I wash them down dry, but don't take in enough fluid to fully swell them...I figured it was the seeds still trying to absorb all fluid possible, but there just wasn't enough in there. When I soak them first, or drink lots of fluid, I don't get cramps.

Poops have not been a problem I've experience either. Guess I'm lucky there!

-Jonny

Jonny, poops aren't a

Jonny, poops aren't a problem, everyone does it. if you don't then there's a problem.

ha! i think i'm going to enjoy picking on you. you've got an even sillier sense of humor than i do. i just piss people off when i let my thoughts come out of my mouth. or they are just schocked to hear quite Mike say that.

I like the way my chia seeds make me feel. soak mine and i add lime n honey. gives me some nice energy and i poop just a little bit more. only thing troubling me is it comes out so black and floats. oh well. no cramps as i keep those pipes clean! tmi. i know. see above paragraph.

Mike

Bwaaahahaha!!!  Fire away,

Bwaaahahaha!!! Fire away, Bro!!! I learned a long time ago, if you can't laugh at yourself, you're missing half the party!!

There are 2 things I hate... People who can dish it out, but can't take it and when people cry because I teased them! You hear that, MOM??? Learn to take a joke!!! Damn!!

-Jonny

PS: I kid... My mom is the one that issued me my Smart-Ass Certificate of Acheivement! ;o)

Mike, Mike,

Mike, Mike, Mike...lol.

Jonny...Smart-Ass Certificate of Achievement...now I know what to get Mike for his birthday. Lol.

Now on to the CHIA SEEDS! So my husband and I have noticed this totally peculiar thing regarding the Chia seeds. I put them in these seedy granola-y things that I make myself. Last time I made them, I doubled the Chia seeds. Both my husband and I suffer from major "dry-mouths" for like hours after we eat one of these things. The Chia seeds are the only thing I've changed in the recipe. What does that mean??? We both drink PLENTY of water. I think the seeds are sucking the hydration out of every other part of our body and harboring it in our intestines...

Lol.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon