Hello from Brazil

domgenaro

Barefooters
Jun 9, 2011
Hi everybody!

My name is Genaro and i'm from Brazil, i've been running barefoot for a year and become a total enthusiast! In fact i never run with shoes in my life!(never got one).

Ive done a lot of mountainbiking an since i've sold the bike i become interested in running mostly because i'ts a cheap sport!

But when i've looked the "good/fancy" running shoes prices here (this country i live have the bigger cost of life of the world). Enraged, i decided not to begin again the endless circle of dependency and consumption that i tried to scape when i quit the mountainbiking and made myself a fine pair of huaraches!

After a couple months running with sandals i've done a search on the web about, running, sandals, barefoot etc, and instantly took knowledge of the Born to Run book wich lead me to a new world that changed my live! After that i started to make huaraches to my friends and post some of my impressions on the blog i create.

After see this website mentioned on the Maplegoove Barefoot Guy's Blog i've made my request to become a member!

Im very pleased to be part of this community! Salute to all!

And sorry for the precarious english, I will improve this.

So that Maple Grove Barefoot

So that Maple Grove Barefoot Guy got you here. Well, I guess he's not so bad after all! Ha! ;-)

Welcome, Genaro! Glad you have you here. We have a chapter in Brazil. It's a small chapter with 8 members, but hopefully, they'll get some runs together or spark some conversations. Be sure to join there. You will find the link above under the Chapters tab.