Foot pain when resting

Matthew Rhodes

Barefooters
Oct 20, 2013
My left foot at the top centre to the left hurts when I rest. Once I begin to run the pain disappears then reappears when I stop. I probably need to rest my question is though why would it stop hurting when I run?

That is typical of shin splints, where the tibialis anterior traverses the anterior foot into its tendons. This is usually resolved quickly with myofascial release of those muscles. You can do this on yourself with a foam roller, however, unless you know what you are doing, you may not get the desired result. This is one of the easier things to resolve with Active Release Techniques which is a form of fascial release. A massage therapist may also be able to resolve it using the proper technique.

Be aware that this area is part of the superficial anterior anitomical train as described by Myers in his book Anatomy Trains. This may be a symptom of other things affecting your gait.

That is typical of shin splints, where the tibialis anterior traverses the anterior foot into its tendons. This is usually resolved quickly with myofascial release of those muscles. You can do this on yourself with a foam roller, however, unless you know what you are doing, you may not get the desired result. This is one of the easier things to resolve with Active Release Techniques which is a form of fascial release. A massage therapist may also be able to resolve it using the proper technique.

Be aware that this area is part of the superficial anterior anitomical train as described by Myers in his book Anatomy Trains. This may be a symptom of other things affecting your gait.

Okay so my Googling got it completely wrong.

Only started running with Vebrims a couple months ago but continued to run the same miles ( 8 to 15 )as I did before. I just did my proper barefoot running with less miles (3 to 4). It has only just caused me some bother.

I have not ran for 2 days and have been rubbing and applying heat. This Myofascial release is completely new to me as I don't usually do injury. I will watch some videos and see if I can do it myself. Or pay someone

Thanks for your Great answer glad I joined the forum now :)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway