Exceeded Expectations by at Least 10K

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
R&^%$@#eld Management:

I have lived on %^$#d street in &^% Bl*(&^%d T*&^ for over 26 years, and have taken walks, runs, bike rides, and skates in our neighborhood on a regular basis throughout that period.

A few months ago I noticed some glass fragments in the road, and thought it very unusual for our street. Noticing a gradual increase in glass fragments over a several week period, I started to monitor the situation. This past Thursday I confirmed that it is the (*@$^d refuse/recycling truck that is responsible, and that the amount of glass increases every time the truck enters our neighborhood.

I contacted @$^&d management by telephone Friday May 6 shortly after 4:00 p.m., but found that the office was closed.

I personally removed several thousand small freshly broken fragments including multiple colors of glass as samples from different streets in the subdivision on May 7. Sunday May 8 with the help of other *&^%d street residents I removed another batch of several thousand freshly broken pieces from a 1/2 mile stretch of @$%*&^e and ^%$(& streets.

The glass has been scattered throughout the entire neighborhood, with a greater amount at each of our many bridges where there are large elevation changes in the road.

My assumption is that a careless &^%$# employee is not only loading the truck incorrectly, but is also traveling too fast over our bridges and losing glass fragments in the process.

A &^%$ street resident has volunteered to observe the trucks (refuse and recycling) this coming Thursday in order to document this claim.

Our hope is that the practice will have stopped and there will be no additional documentation of further illegal dumping of dangerous glass fragments onto our streets.

Please advise the driver assigned to this route to exercise proper caution in order to cease littering our street with hazardous broken glass.

As far as I can tell at this point only a thorough mechanized sweeping of our streets can return them to the level of safety we have come to expect for our children and other residents.

Thank you,

Alan J %$%%^

$#@% &^%$*&^st *&^$$ld MI 8%$#@

cc:^^^%^&d Township Supervisor

%$$#u@w&^wp.com

And after a few email exchanges, phone calls, and BRS links sent, this:

Alan,

Thank you for the tips...I ran five miles this evening and felt good, but it will hurt in the morning. I have started the regiment of icing the arches. I understand it will be a long process. Thank you for passing along the positive comments from Steve! BTW, I just sent an email to the police chief, road commission, ^%$# and field personnel since it appears that we had another dangerous glass situation at a subdivision off of &^^%^ Lake Road...could be a coincidence...but, I have everyone on the alert to bring more awareness to aid with troubleshooting. Thanks again for everything.

Sincerest Regards,

&^%$%W&^%%%%Township Supervisor

Mobile: %^$ *&^$#@!!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7