Could A Barefoot QB Succeed In The NFL?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
I haven't read the article completely, but I thought it might be interesting, especially to you guys who are Football fanatics. (That's American Football for the rest of the world, and yes, I agree, the name Football doesn't make any sense for this sport compared to your Soccer Football.)

http://deadspin.com/5876862/could-a-barefoot-qb-succeed-in-the-nfl

Setting aside the fact he

Setting aside the fact he would not be allowed on the field as regulation shoes are required under the rules, I'd say any "elite" level QB playing against the leagues "worst pass defence" could probably string together a good game. Just like any elite level runner could probably out run some average shmoe barefoot.

Could a QB make it in the NFL barefoot............HELL NO. No matter how good he was the simple answer is a resounding HELL NO. The plain simple fact is his feet would be like mashed up chicken snitchzel by the end of a game.

No. Not only because the

No. Not only because the other guys would be all over his feet through normal play, but if you watch a dog pile, guys are stepping and wrenching on eachothers' hands, punching them in the junk, eye-gouging... that would just open him up. Now, do I think an elite qb could use barefoot running as training? Sure. I think it might help some non-mobile qb's learn to run more correctly which could help their mobility.

Yeah, sounds like a really

Yeah, sounds like a really stupid idea. I've been stepped on a number of times when I played real football and those cleats are nothing compared to the NFL guys wear. It was painful enough to have a ten year old kid step on my feet, I can't imagine what it would feel like to have a defensive lineman do it.

Might as well just go ahead

Might as well just go ahead and smack a bunch of nails into the tops of your feet. :shock:

Barefoot TJ wrote:I haven't

Barefoot TJ said:
I haven't read the article completely, but I thought it might be interesting, especially to you guys who are Football fanatics. (That's American Football for the rest of the world, and yes, I agree, the name Football doesn't make any sense for this sport compared to your Soccer Football.)

This might help.

3849.jpg

I couldn't believe the author

I couldn't believe the author of this article would even pose such a stupid question. Would they make it barefoot in the NFL? Yes, for one pass, then their feet would be ground up hamburger, and they would never work again.

Hysterial, Handegg! That's a better name for it than football. I have to agree with the rest of the world on this. Football is just the wrong name for that sport/game.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon