BRS Event Transport VIP Parking at Today's Race

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Portofino.JPG

That is so sweet! Good representation, of course. Loves the start/finish line location. How did you manage to park it there?

I noticed that too and wondered what wheels he's using.

How did you manage to park it there?

Early bird gets the worm!
Race start was 8:00 a.m., I got up at 4:00 because I was unfamiliar and thought I was going to have to hike a ways from available large van parking to registration after the 1 hour drive. I'm now buddies with the timing company owner and his staff.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I noticed that too and wondered what wheels he's using.

Abec 11 brand 76mm Gumballs. Lot's of depth of urethane in these hubless styles. Cheapo bearings.

Why cheapo bearings? You can get better ones and pack them. I only know this because Scott packs bearings in the garage for stuff he does... he has way too many hobbies! :facepalm:

Empty from the pile in the grocery store. Perfect size!

A t
Why cheapo bearings? You can get better ones and pack them. I only know this because Scott packs bearings in the garage for stuff he does... he has way too many hobbies! :facepalm:
At skateboard speeds quality means nothing, condition means everything. I buy 100 bearings for the family fleet at a time for 65 cents a piece, and repack or throw away as needed, always skating on fresh bearings. Abec rating o ly means anything at Rpms that would have a skateboard rolling along at 140 mph. Not me!

I have several funny empty boxes in use, I go by size and durability, and include in my inventory a Nicorette gum box as well as a teddy graham one. Probably do get some strange impressions but nobody ever really says anything.

Reactions: otoole4info
About ten years ago one of our sons was hanging around the vendor truck area following the last day of the Easter Surf Fest in Cocoa Beach, and he returned with a box bigger then himself of Pop Tarts that they didn't want to haul back with them. Now you have me wondering if that was one that was inside of the giant one and somehow I've hung onto it all these years! They were there giving away two-packs as a promotion, and although the rest of the family imbibed at the time, I never even had a taste. Had to save room for some higher quality liquid carbs each day!

Reactions: otoole4info
Found two more robust boxes worthy of transporting stuff in.....I have NO idea where they came from!Bells-SN.JPG

Reactions: Tristan-OH

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway