Barefoot Running on Marathon Promo Brochure / Poster

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
So I am picking up my Manitoba Marathon Race Kit, and I look over at one of the expo booths for an upcoming Marathon that I ran last year, and my bare feet were all over the Promo Posters and all the brochures. I was a little taken aback.

The most ironic part of it all, was this is a Running Room sponsored event :-D

They will be plastering this poster all over the local Running Rooms :)

Here's a link to the promo brochure, I'm on page 2

http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/6367/brochure.pdf

By the way a great run on prairie gravel roads and chip seal. Lots of fun and great atmosphere.

Seriously?!  Is this a group

Seriously?! Is this a group that gave you trouble in the past?

The Running Room in Canada is

The Running Room in Canada is a national chain, that does not recognize barefoot or minimalistic running to be anything but bad for you. They will not carry minimalistic shoe lines and they pretty much shunned me at any of their clinics that I took part in. I will not purchase anything from them, and when I do have to pick up kits from their locations, I make a point to go in barefoot. Just because.

That's what I remember.  They

That's what I remember. They gave you a rash of crap in the past. Oh, now that is funny. Good for you that you are on the cover! That's definitely a keeper. What you should do is, the next time they give you any trouble, carry that with you and pop it out to show them and say, "Hey! You apparently supported me here!" Ha! That's great!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon