Barefoot in cold weather for short periods.

So I walk from my house to my gym (all concrete) and workout barefoot. They gym is cooled and heated. The walk is probably 30 seconds plus the time to lock the house door and unlock the gym door, which means I should be OK walking in sub freezing temperatures in just my t- shirt and shorts. Last year 24 F was the coldest and it was in late February as that is when I started to not wear shoes around the outside of my house. I am hoping it gets much colder than 24 F as I want to find my cold tolerance and know it is just 30 seconds from warm house to warm home gym.

I did take a 2 hour hike on a light coating of snow earlier this year and it felt great, however, the rest of my body was appropriately protected from the cold.
I hear it all the time, "what do you do in the winter?"
Lol
What do you mean? I do it barefoot, of course.😆

**Trying to post a picture of me shoveling snow but apparently the file is too large for the server🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Nobody wants to see this! It looks worse than it is. The blister was spectacular and popped on its own. Now it's just a deep bruise under the thick pad skin. My concern is that it happened to this one toe and I had no other problems on either foot. So what's going on that made this toe so vulnerable?

View attachment 10822
That's the main toe that you grip with when you're walking, so you continually force the blood out of it and your circulation can't keep the cells warm. The cells then die and create that ugly look until they eventually regenerate, or perhaps forever if they don't. Best educated guess for why the one toe had problems and none of the others did. 🤷‍♂️

I hear it all the time, "what do you do in the winter?"
Lol
What do you mean? I do it barefoot, of course.😆

**Trying to post a picture of me shoveling snow but apparently the file is too large for the server🤦‍♂️
You can use a program to downsize the file. If you are trying to upload it on your phone, use the app "Image Size." Let's see the picture.

It's still brrrrr... :coldfeet:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts