A case of TMTS w/ BFR Incorrectly Blamed...once again

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
I didnt think the article was bad, seemed to hit on tmts which is good. The main guy the article hit on made this mistake and although it sounded like he was giving up and going back shod the article seemed to not really take sides. IDK, I think it was ok?

"He was initially shoeless — running minutes at a time and gently building up. After three months, he switched to barefoot running shoes after developing calluses."

Sounds like he started out just fine then effed himself up good by wearing shoes.

Callouses? How the F was he running to develop callouses?

"Experts say people can successfully lose the laces. The key is to break in slowly. Start by walking around barefoot. Run no more than a quarter mile to a mile every other day in the first week. Gradually increase the distance. Stop if bones or joints hurt. It can take months to make the change."

Best paragraph in the article.

Read and heed, folks... Read and heed...

In this case, it was the title that bothered me.

I can see the title bothering you. I actually sent this article to a buddy of mine who I will be teaching how to bfr this summer. I want to make sure he is very clear about doing tmts and this article shows that even ultra runners need to transition slowly or they'll get hurt. Hopefully my buddy still wants to try bfr....

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jase