Why in the world would people be OK with this?

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
Deformed, fungus ridden, missing toenail, peeling, corny, smelly and just overall unhealthy feet? Where people have to use a nasty ass skin peeler to get rid of calluses and use noxious sprays to help them stop itching.

There are a couple of older guys at the gym who always make comments about my feet and it makes me want to yell at them "look how healthy my feet are and look at those disgusting putrefying stubs at the end of your legs"

There is no doubt in my mind spending as much time as you can barefoot is the healthiest thing you can do for your feet. Anyone who tries to tell me differently has immediately lost status in my eyes.

Thanks for tuning in to my weekly rant!

Note: I was one of them at one time too...

He has seen the light! 

He has seen the light! Hopefully, more and more people will too, soon.

Hahahaha! I used to think

Hahahaha! :bigsmile: I used to think feet were disgusting. Seriously disgusting. Probably the worst thing in the entire universe that could happen to me is that your bare feet would touch mine. Gag. :sick: I think most of that had to do with the fact that I didn't like my feet, thoough. Sweaty. Stinky. Bleh.

I still don't want your feet to touch mine because...well, let's face it: Your feet still are sweaty, stinky, and bleh from being stuck in shoes all day.

My feet, on the other hand, are free and airy most of the day. Not sweaty. Not stinky. And they get washed extra. And the toenail that has fallen off and re-grown more times than I can count is finally starting to grow back as if it were normal again! Score!

It's a strange thing, learning to love your own feet. :shy:

make fun of them. people talk

make fun of them. people talk about things like they are gospel yet don't fully understand what they are saying. you know the benefits of being bf. maybe try pointing out the pitfalls of shoes. fungus, smell, hammer toes, deformeties, bunyons, corns, callouses, blisters, and whatever else i forgot. i'm sure proving your smarter than them might shut them up. if not be glad they're not high school kids that will gang up on you and beat you up!

mike

My podiatrist actually

My podiatrist actually recommended going barefoot as much as possible to get rid of a fungal funk I've had for a year or so. When I asked him about running barefoot he said that only if it were on grass, concrete is too abrasive and that natural running was fine on a natural surface. I didnt have the heart to tell him that asphault was much easier than a natural gravel trail so I just smiled and said thanks. I do have to say that the barefooting and medicine he has me on has worked wonders.

Gosh, you should see my mum's

Gosh, you should see my mum's feet. They are highly deformed (she grew up in high heels...aaaaah the 1950s were so great weren't they...?) Each toe is nuzzled neatly like a puzzle piece into its neighbor. Her skin is also in a perpetual state of peeling off her feet like dandruff.

When I told her about barefoot running/life she pulled her foot out of her shoe and told me, "Now, with these feet, I could never do what you're doing. Never ever. I need protection."

*sigh....

My mom has the same feet from

My mom has the same feet from the same era for the same reasons, Mary. Can I join your heavy sigh?

my grandmothers are so bad

my grandmothers are so bad that she has overlapping toes and can no longer wear closed shoes (from all the high heeled pointy toes).. she used ot wear 4" heels on her size 37 feet.. OUCH... now she lives in sandals that have straps far enough back to completely leave her toes exposed.. but she would never imagine going barefoot. Mom (her daughter) is the one who told me I had to have shoes to run when we get to Atlanta.. ROFL.. then again neither of them has liked my tendency to kick my shoes off and run around barefoot my entire life, especially on the beach or on boats...

Grammy is the one who gave me high heeled waterproof sandals to wear in the ocean and when WINDSURFING.. I never did wear them like she intended.. but they did work well for a couple of dates while I was down on the island they live on.. before I decided to completely give up heels after my last ankle injury (running when I was early 20's)

Amie

JosephTree wrote:A rant he

JosephTree said:
A rant he calls it. It just sounds like Abide getting exited by looking at other guys' feet to me.

Does Abide secretly coach the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets?
wink.png

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test