Wellstar 5k

Well no where near as impressive as you guys' races, but there were a lot of Docs running and it was hilarious to see the looks and respond to the questions about being barefoot. My wife was a few paces behind me and said several peeps almost tripped turning to see that I was barefoot. Loads of fun though. I would say concrete is less forgiving than asphalt, but no probls for the 5k.

13381755784_4db05c750e_m.jpg

Nice representing us with all the Docs!

Lol I actually had to sit down and let a couple look at my feet so they would believe I was not injured in anyway. The "what if you step on glass," "what if you get hookworm," "does it not hurt" questions were voluminous. It was awesome though....my first foray back into organized races in a while.

Lol I actually had to sit down and let a couple look at my feet so they would believe I was not injured in anyway. The "what if you step on glass," "what if you get hookworm," "does it not hurt" questions were voluminous. It was awesome though....my first foray back into organized races in a while.
It's amazing how many people think you are seriously endangering yourself just by putting barefeet on the ground. Seems our modern society has completely lost touch with reality. I had some people react rather upset that I let my infants barefeet touch the dirt in her jumpy thing this weekend, yet they had no problem with her rolling on the ground and touching the dirt with her hands..... I don't get it.