Weekly mileage, week ending March 26/27

40.4km   (or 25.1 miles)  

40.4km
smile.png
(or 25.1 miles)

Kilometers always look so

Kilometers always look so much longer than miles, don't they? ;-)

Only 54.89km for me this

Only 54.89km for me this week. Wife had the baby so I was a little busy at the hospital. Next week will be much better as now I don't have to worry about my wife going into labor while out on the run and come back 3 hours later to find my wife already in the hospital and baby born. Also going to be able to go out on bike rides in the late morning.

CONGRATULATIONS, Spooner! 

CONGRATULATIONS, Spooner! Boy or girl. Share some pics. I love babies!

Yes, I now have four boys.

Yes, I now have four boys.

Awwww!

Awwww!

Congrats on your 4 little

Congrats on your 4 little princes, Spooner!

Agree w/ the above, k's DO look longer than miles haha, gotta love the metric system.

Excited on 15 minimalist and 10 barefoot miles last week, because I was running about 50 miles a week in total, with about 30% of that being barefoot or barefoot plus (Invisible Shoes www.Invisibleshoe.com mileage) and the other 70% being in a minimalist product such as a Saucony kinvara, nike lunar racer, or track spike or xc flat... but then I did this 800m track race in colorado in late february (indoor) and a girl cut into the lane too early the first 40m and spiked the back of my achilles really really bad and punctured it with her quarter inch spikes argh... we both ate some mondo track that day and the girls behind us fell on top of us spiking everyones backs too-- it was a mess-- no quick times in that heat for certain ugh--the swelling was rediculous... so I was kind of out of training for about a month- grrrrr.

While doctors told me to simply run in traditional running shoes for awhile (the "cast cushion" approach) and because traditional running shoes have a "heel" if you will so it shortens the achilles, it still hurt really bad to do that, so I just cross trained cycling and swimming for a month.

I knew I was better and my achilles was ready to go when I could run barefoot and barefoot plus again without pain =)

Very very excited to have any barefoot or barefoot plus mileage to report-- hoping for more coming soon to make a comeback for the end of track season!

Wow!  What an experience for

Wow! What an experience for you, Angelina. That must have been so painful. Glad you are getting your miles back up.

Congrats Spooner. Since its

Congrats Spooner.

Since its the end of the month, I'm posting my monthly running mileage of 300km of which 125km were barefoot.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts